Featured Fantastical valuations on ebay

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Chinoiserie, Jan 7, 2024.

1. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

What if they send back a brick and not the vase??

Chinoiserie likes this.
  2. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

I googled this one time and someone said it was a way to keep a listing open until they had the item back in stock. The money laundering was also mentioned .

3. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

I would withdraw it in used notes immediately. They would have to come and find me on my Pacific island.

kyratango and komokwa like this.
  4. Chinoiserie

Yes I have seen this done so nobody buys an out of stock item. The description is still totally incorrect though and i feel that they are trying to deceive. Maybe I am just cynical though :woot:

5. Chinoiserie

I have have often thought this too. Or the equivalent weight in sand. How would you prove otherwise?

pearlsnblume likes this.
  6. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

Not sure why folks reply to typical fact free listings . . that includes me for my reply here as well. There are literally thousands upon thousands of such listings, 365 days of the year.
    I say fill two pages on the forum with good, interesting items being offered, not riff-raff. . . .

komokwa likes this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

just a thread for goofing around Drew........

a distraction.....that's all..;):happy:

kyratango and Chinoiserie like this.
  8. Chinoiserie

You calling my thread a goof thread? :bag:

9. komokwa

typo...... golf thread !!:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

10. Chinoiserie

Not a good thread then?

11. komokwa

no worries.........u were making a point.....& we all get it !!:happy::happy:

were u around when many Chinese eBayers started selling at 99 cents , no reserve .... with large shipping costs ......
    the members dove into that shitshow with the same vigor !!!;):eek:

12. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Not to a mad golfer like Komo. He probably has neon yellow balls, so he can find them in the woods when he shanks one into the snow!

Tough noogies. Issue the refund and fight it out with eBay. File a police report. Now you know why I rarely sold anything worth real money on eBoo, except by accident.

13. komokwa

the boys used to kid me for my coloured Volvik Crystal balls......:grumpy:
    now one of em luvs the yellow and the red balls almost exclusively !!!

my wife's bedroom shelf has coloured balls I give her.....some you'd be amazed at !

kyratango likes this.
  14. evelyb30

I honestly don't want to know about a golfer's balls. It does however put me in mind of the old page from IBM manuals about mouse balls, back when computer mice had balls.

15. Chinoiserie

16. Chinoiserie

Remember it? I fell for it. Oooh look a chess set for £1 with 30 seconds to go. So I bid on it. Then came the postage costs of £30. I told them to go forth. I got some sort of black mark for none payment and that was it. eBay admin supporting scams again.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2024
  17. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

They have a team of international assassins I’m pretty sure. Mess with eBay and you’ll end up in a shallow grave.

That is more or less what they threatened the MA couple with that chose to battle them. Of course eBay ended up in hot water over that one.

Edit: https://amp.theguardian.com/technol...cutive-sentenced-couple-harassment-newsletter
    I didn’t read this particular article but I’d imagine it covers the basics of the story.

18. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Yes, eboo did many unthinkable things to the Steiner's. I get their newsletter and it is great reading for what is going on on many sites. The report the good, the bad and the news.

One of the higher ups at eboo didn't get any jail time but left eboo and unfortunately got a job that dealt with thrift shop or non profit of some sort. How he got that job is a mystery.

Chinoiserie, komokwa and J Dagger like this.
  19. evelyb30

If he went to Ill Will, it was like calling to like.

20. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Draft saved Draft deleted