Estate sale Pix - do you see what I see?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by evelyb30, Feb 14, 2024.

1. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I bought a really nice Gucci wallet, boxed, at a car boot once.

didn’t open it. Two years later, opened it. Out fell £240 in notes. Happy camper.

2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

No grocery bill that month! :D:D:D:D

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

That's OK, it isn't that important.:kiss: And seeing it as a betel box is closer to its origin than seeing it as an Etrog box.;)

komokwa likes this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Wishful thinking strikes again. At least I didn't buy it first and ask questions later.

I did actually buy an Etrog box once, years ago. A local synagogue had the best rummage sales and they always had a Judaica table. One year, there sat an old wooden box with pieces of olive wood on the outside and some very old Hebrew lettering inked onto it. I'm still not sure how old it was, but as old as me at least. A piece fell off and someone took it home to glue and promised it would be back later (wouldn't let me buy it as it was). I got it later for... $3. The box then went to a Sukkot party at a friend's house; said friend is a rabbi. Handed it to his wife. Would she like it? She'd always wanted a box and never had one!

Any Jewelry, bercrystal and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted