Ebay Partial Refund Scam? Thoughts Please

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by mr2real, May 22, 2015.

1. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I'm seeing a line, not a repair, but then I don't know a thing about pottery except not to sell it on Feebay. One too many pieces got smashed by the US Snail, no international postage involved.

KingofThings likes this.
  2. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

Insurance with global shipping program is worthless

KingofThings likes this.
  3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

On the other hand, Ebay is supposed to take the blame if something goes wrong after it gets to Kentucky. Watch them try to weasel out, naturally.

KingofThings likes this.
  4. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

I also think I see something that looks "off" in the same location in both your buyer's photos and your photos. What the issue is, though, I don't know.

There have been times when I purchased an item with an undisclosed flaw that I assumed the seller didn't notice, and I've received a reasonable amount of compensation as a result. I wasn't trying to scam the seller and they weren't trying to scam me... it was just something that happens sometimes even when a seller is trying to be careful.

If I were in your shoes, I'd give the buyer the partial, and be thankful he asked for it rather than giving me an undeserved neg.

KingofThings likes this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

even with the partial,,,,can't he also hand out a neg ???

KingofThings likes this.
  6. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

True, he could still neg, but I thought the buyer sounded sincere and he made a point of not blaming the seller so the possibility seemed less likely to me.

KingofThings likes this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

that sounds likely.......but i've seen my share of buyers who still voiced their unhappiness even after getting what they wanted........

KingofThings likes this.
  8. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

I've been lucky... the few buyers who have had a problem were satisfied with my resolution and gave me a positive. But they weren't expensive items, which probably helped.

KingofThings likes this.
  9. fenton

fenton Well-Known Member

I agree with Terry---You will lose the money.

KingofThings likes this.
  10. LLace

LLace New Member

You have every right to hold out and insist on return. However if I were you I would negotiate a partial refund. If he returns it you have to resell it and disclose what you know. You may not get near 60% of what you received the first time. You've still made a great profit.

KingofThings and Pat P like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted