Deruta Pottery

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Vintage Treasures, Jun 6, 2023.

1. Vintage Treasures

Vintage Treasures New Member

Figtree3 and Bakersgma like this.
  2. Vintage Treasures

3. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

IMHO-Probably the best Roman mosaics still in existence,they are extraordinary (& 1600 yr old windows to boot !).
    Galla Placidia allows us to imagine what many Roman public buildings looked like 2,000 years ago.

4. Vintage Treasures

Wow ! Absolutely stunning.

5. Vintage Treasures

Good morning - I wanted to take a moment and thank you all for your feedback and information on the pottery . This is a great group . I attempted to have the pottery appraised by a high end auction service but they were unable to provide estimates . They referred me to a site called Catawiki which I have never heard of . Anyone have suggestions on attaining a reputable appraisal?

komokwa and Figtree3 like this.
  6. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

I've never used Catawiki-is it like Ebay ? I surf the Web,get as many comps as i can-from the bloated prices of 1stDibs & Chairish to the more 'real-life' sales on Ebay.Cut & paste all the sold results (w/pics) onto some kind of word document,and that'll get you an estimation of what your item's worth.
    Of course,if your Deruta is a 'one-off' or prototype-I'd contact the Deruta Archives/major ceramic museums that specialize in your item.
    Good luck,and enjoy the hunt-for me the detective work's the most enjoyable !

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted