Dear members

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Gnjatovic Dejan, Dec 25, 2021.

1. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I can not ever remember my grandparents using that tidbit dish. It sat on side piece of furniture for years next to the dining room table where my grandmother stored some other things rarely used.

They also had multiple unused Culver glasses in a different piece of furniture and stupid me did not take them when my grandparents passed on. This was before the Culver craze which now seems to have dipped.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    for every of the four beggar gangs a different color.
    a long handle for protecting the maid at the door of lice and bad odours.

today - especially in the East - Alsace and Lorraine - it's also used for a form of a pie sometimes called Bettelmann especially in German-speaking villages.
    upload_2021-12-26_17-39-53.jpeg
    the gateau mendiant is recycling à la French, as an old baker woman told me years ago when there were much more Alsatian-speaking people around. when cleaning the workplace at the end of the "day" all remnants of pâtisserie making - almonds, dry fruit etc., even marzipan were kneaded into a mass with the rest of dough and colored with a bit of chocolate powder. then into the forms and the cool cellar till it was sold for less than normal items the next day.
    same in Switzerland with the not so fresh stuff in Colonial Goods stores where the stuff that fell off to the table (pshhht - to the floor...) when weighing was collected and sold as Studentenfutter - student fodder...

komokwa and pearlsnblume like this.
  3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Gatea Mendiant - made of all the bits that went begging! Very farm wifely of them.

4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

The equivalent of cuina povera.

5. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

I'd resarch Haida for a start and go from there to other brands.

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

which is funny to me...because my Haida research takes me to a different place.....but did open my eyes to the glass...;):wideyed::wideyed:

7. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

Ownedbybear and komokwa like this.
  8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I've seen some Bohemia ....and while nice....a bit much for me.....

Draft saved Draft deleted