Cut glass vase - Sawtooth edge, Zipper cut way sides - help w/ maker please.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bercrystal, Mar 9, 2015.

1. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

I wish Flash would be abolished! I hate it.
    I have HTML5 converters that works almost everywhere for me in place of Flash, but not everywhere.
    Thanks Fig, now I have a clue.

2. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Hello Laura,

From your screen shot #2, normally what you would click is the word "Description" which is to the left of "Shipping and Payments", they are sort of making it look like the top of a file folder in shape. HOWEVER, it seems that from your screen shot, that you have already done this, since "Descriptions" seems to be what is opened on top in your picture.

No idea what is going on... How it appears for me is the same as your screen shot #2, but I am able to scroll down from that view (much further than what your photo shows) and then I see Peggy's full listing with more description and photos.

If you hover with your cursor over the bottom line of the listing (and get a downward arrow) any chance you can drag it open?

3. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

The buyer stated in her feedback that this vase was made by Dorflinger & was done in the Clematis pattern.

Anyone got any ABP books that can confirm this information?

Not that it really matters, but I am just curious & it might help someone else somewhere down the line. I am quite happy with what I got for this vase as I only paid $55.00 for the whole table of stuff & have quadrupled my money with the 2 things I have sold. :smuggrin::smuggrin:

4. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

>The buyer stated in her feedback that this vase was made by Dorflinger & was done in the Clematis pattern.

Anyone got any ABP books that can confirm this information?<

I do. It is in the Dorflinger book:

ACGA Dorflinger Line Drawings, copyright 1994, p. 65.

ACGA is the publisher. The book was published by the American Cut Glass Association in cooperation with Dorflinger Glass Museum and Dorflinger-Suydam Press of White Mills, PA.

All it is a line drawing of the vase with "No. 99D 836 VASE CLEMATIS." I guess it is identical, but I never would have guessed from this line drawing. The most noticable difference are that the sides look straight in the drawing, not undulating like this one. At least that's what it looks to me. I have included a scan of the line drawing. According to a listing of Dorflinger patterns in all the catalogs the Clematis pattern is also in another catalog: Dorflinger, America's Finest Glass, 1852-1921. That catalog probably has a picture rather than a line drawing. Sorry, I don't have that catalog. I do have another Dorflinger catalog: Dorflinger & Sons, Fine Cut Glass, copyright 1997.

--- Susan

Clematis.jpg

cxgirl likes this.
  5. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Thanks Susan!!! :kiss::kiss:

Definitely the same vase. Maybe it came in different styles. :confused:

I doubt I would have gotten much more if I had managed to ID the maker & pattern, but it was nice to know. All that really matters is that the buyer was very happy & the seller made money. :p

6. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Congratulations on the outcome of the auction!

--- Susan

7. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

@lauragarnet

The screen shot you showed was for a completed listing.
    Right after the title in little blue letters "See Original Listing" - Click that and it will take you to the original listing with description.

Draft saved Draft deleted