Featured Coral bead bracelet with mystery marks on gold clasp

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by quirkygirl, Jan 11, 2023.

1. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

We used to. Not sure about now.

komokwa likes this.
  2. quirkygirl

quirkygirl likes pretty old things

I guess I don't really mind if members here see my posts which might turn out to be educational for them, but you did remind me that I'd rather post in the General Discussion section for many of my future items. So, thanks for that :)

komokwa likes this.
  3. quirkygirl

More to add ...

While trying to see what the marks were inside the hexagon with a more powerful loupe, I saw the figure inside of the oval as more of a bear or lion head with an open mouth and tongue sticking out and less of a bloated bug.
    IMG_3513.jpg

www.silvercollection.it shows that Spain used the hexagon mark for their domestic pieces. https://www.silvercollection.it/DICTIONARYEUHALLMARKSPAIN.HTML
    [​IMG]
    "Spanish maker's marks on silver items manufactured in Spain (hexagon) and abroad (triangle):
    the number is the maker's registration number. The letter is the Assay Office code"

So, with much respect to those that suggested Italy or other countries that are connected to gold and coral, I continued to search for items from Spain.

Searching this along with hexagon and Spain finally brought me to the following pieces which both show the marks and mention that the lion mark is for 18K gold. Sorry, neither of these sites will allow me to copy the pertinent pics here.

https://www.etsy.com/fi-en/listing/781927549/vintage-1930s-spanish-art-deco-6-carat

https://www.bidsquare.com/online-au...panish-18kt-gold-articulated-bracelet-1444792

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

5. quirkygirl

IvaPan, komokwa and Debora like this.
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Here's a couple other vintage coral bracelets from Spain. Very fashionable in their time among the middle class.

Debora

ALVIORO-6-JUNIO-19-72ppp-8-700x679.jpg

pulsera-oro-rectangulos-coral.jpg

7. quirkygirl

Ooooh! I like that one where the links look like little sections of a tree's trunk.

Out of curiosity I dove into my own hoard to take a closer look at an 18k ring which was purchased by my sister while she was vacationing in Spain during the late 60's or early 70's. Sure enough ... that lion head is on it. :rolleyes:
    IMG_3520.jpg IMG_3523.jpg

Lucille.b, IvaPan and komokwa like this.
  8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Lucille.b and IvaPan like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted