Cool Glass vase Estate Find

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kraftblue, Dec 20, 2014.

1. fenton

fenton Well-Known Member

PS: The top picture are 2 cherry red Fenton's and 3 Red Amberina's.

2. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

Maybe we've met. I used to be a good friend of Toms. I was the "bottle guy" if that rings any bells. It's been a few years since I've seen him though. We sold our Carnival collection back in the late nineties.

3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I never would have imagined OP's to be Dugan. I wouldn't have thought it to be American, unless a lot newer. And even then...

4. kraftblue

kraftblue Well-Known Member

Skeez, years ago I was on the bottle board...that was fun!

Kath

5. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

The Dugan pieces are very nice, but . . . When I look at them, I can't help but think that they were possibly mistakes, they look so slumped and squeezed. Doty used to have a photo on his site that I liked very much of a collection of Dugan Venetian pieces on a wide windowsill.

6. There is a page on Doty devoted to the Dugan art glass lines Pompeiian/Venetian/Japanese. Also the Heacock/Measell/Wiggins book on Dugan/Diamond shows several period adds showing the various forms.

7. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

Yeah Kath...I remember the ol' bottle board. It was fun...and probably the friendliest "sub-board" on the whole eBay site.

Draft saved Draft deleted