Featured Claw foot cabinet ......

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by komokwa, Mar 20, 2017.

1. silverthwaite II

silverthwaite II Well-Known Member

And speaking of piss pots, does anyone remember the dinner party story from one of David Niven's books? :rolleyes:

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I remember that!

The photos are fine, we just need more detail. Can you also turn it upside down please and show me where the legs connect to its bottom?

I still think it's the age I think it is. That doesn't mean it has any great value: you can buy late Georgian stuff here for peanuts. Mad.

komokwa likes this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

i'll address as many concerns as i can,,,,,thankx....:jawdrop::jawdrop:;):happy::happy::happy::happy:

4. komokwa

I'm willing to believe someone used the main box structure....and reworked it from there....but the box itself...may be older......

legs... IMG_1589.JPG IMG_1590.JPG IMG_1592.JPG IMG_1593.JPG IMG_1592.JPG IMG_1595.JPG

5. komokwa

Doors............

IMG_1596.JPG IMG_1597.JPG IMG_1601.JPG IMG_1600.JPG

6. komokwa

inside....up...down......i see no shelf parts....

IMG_1608.JPG IMG_1609.JPG IMG_1610.JPG IMG_1611.JPG IMG_1612.JPG IMG_1613.JPG

7. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

Vey iz mier ..to me it looks somewhat like the pieces my uncle made as therapy after the war. He incorporated many older pieces into "new" creations, making other parts from scratch. I posted some of them on the old board, in THAT place...........

judy likes this.
  8. komokwa

random shots........

IMG_1614.JPG IMG_1616.JPG IMG_1617.JPG IMG_1618.JPG IMG_1619.JPG IMG_1607.JPG

9. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Parts of this are quite old but definitely reworked. Who knows what the original configuration looked like.

10. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Nice old late 18th or early 19th C English legs. The bottom has certainly been played about with, that piece does look newer. Now I can see inside, agree no shelves.

11. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

CURSES!!!!!!! FOILED AGAIN!!!!! BUT.....that's pure GOOD for your nice little table/cabinet!!!! GLAD it only LOOKED like one foot had been "chopped" and I was wrong!!!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::D:D:D

12. komokwa

no worries........!

13. vitry-le-francois

vitry-le-francois Well-Known Member

I agree with blue that the legs are a possible later add-on. Makes me wonder if the entire piece is a marriage of different items. It's odd to have what looks like tiger oak (??) on the inside. The drawer looks like the oldest piece. Odd. Very odd.

komokwa likes this.
  14. vitry-le-francois

vitry-le-francois Well-Known Member

Lol, perhaps I should read the post on the second page before posting my own answer. Doh :/

komokwa likes this.
  15. komokwa

All answers and comments are welcomed.......:happy::happy:

16. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

In the event you have forgotten, let me remind you that I am still here...........you may regret that statement!!!!!!!!;););)

Aquitaine likes this.
  17. komokwa

I regret nothing I have said here....what I'm thinking....is a whole nuther kettle of fish !! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Joshua Brown likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted