Featured Chinese 18thc tea bowl ?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by charlie cheswick, Jun 21, 2024.

1. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

hi john, thanks for the info

its actually very translucent, when held to the light you can see the internal decoration leaf from the bottom

2. charlie cheswick

3. Sdcookie2

Sdcookie2 Well-Known Member

Nice item. I don't know if you know about this group but they are pretty helpful. Screenshot_20240622-060437.png

charlie cheswick likes this.
  4. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

Nice lot. Less than £4 a piece.

5. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Here's a link to H & R Daniel cup handle shapes just for interest: https://danielcc.org/cups.php As mentioned above, other factories made the same shape. The little interior decoration is unusual to me. The British Pottery and Porcelain Discussion group on FB may be able to ID it. I think you scored rather well! If one was to give away the items, I would take the 18th c Chinese teabowl. Delightful painting.

Any Jewelry and charlie cheswick like this.
  6. charlie cheswick

hi mate

yeah turned out a good lot, i could see enough of the chinese bowl to know what it was

at the same auction in another lot 2 common late 19th prunus jars with 4 pictures of them sold for £280 so crazy really

7. charlie cheswick

Thanks for the link kworld, you and me too, think its the nicest chinese piece i've found :happy:

kentworld and Any Jewelry like this.
  8. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

Wow very crazy. I'll have to start listing my stuff on there. I got £10 for the last two I sold.

Draft saved Draft deleted