Featured Can anybody help with this inkwell?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by WaynePB, Sep 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

Bottom line for me is, when a disagreement degenerates to the point of talking about another person's appearance, the person who took it there is in the wrong.

I consider kiko a friend, but it hurt my heart to read her words.

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

fwiw, without wanting to hornet this, I can't see anything wrong with Wayne's body language, it's yer standard Brit Bloke. The rest of it has whooshed me.

3. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

So don't want to get involved here, but in Kiko's defense, don't believe she was commenting on the OP's physical appearance, but rather his crossed arms pose. Body language can be a trigger, and crossed arms can be taken as bullying pose, or a closed mindset - that said, I'm an arm-crosser, and it's just comfortable for me, so it isn't a good idea to judge on that from a photo, but given the previous misunderstanding and that last little poke from the OP, not surprised at a defensive response...

~Cheryl

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    kyratango, Bakersgma and Jivvy like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

@Jivvy , please don't worry. Kiko and Bronwen have had a conversation and are good, Bronwen and I have had a conversation and are good. We are aware of what happened and how it happened, let's just leave it at that.:)

5. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

I was never worried about you guys. You guys have all been on the board long enough, you'll either work it out, block each other, or live on the board together making the occasional passing dig or grumble.

Such is forum life.

I hope Wayne comes back.

6. WaynePB

WaynePB Active Member

Hello I feel as though I need to defend myself before I log out of this forum for good. I joined as a new member on Tuesday enquiring about a piece I believe to be a genuine antique. And what happens? No sooner had I joined then Kiko entered my thread and started to joke with other long-standing members about it having plastic feet. Not exactly a nice way to welcome a new member to the forum is it? After it was explained to me that it was just members having a sense of humour it was totally and utterly accepted as such, which is why I posted the picture of the telephone. Unfortunately Kiko has decided that only she is allowed to joke about plastic and I am not allowed to have a sense of humour. As for the photograph. My body language is not bullying or closed-minded, it is a defensive gesture as I simply do not like having my photograph taken as many people don't. But I did decide to post it so other members had some idea of who they were talking to. To me that is simple openness and honesty. I find it highly hypocritical, nasty on a personal level, judgemental and petty that someone who has chosen to hide behind an avatar re-entered my thread to insult the way I look. From the bottom of my heart, I would to thank every single member who has posted intelligent opinions about the inkwell. It was this quest for knowledge that prompted me to join this website.

7. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Thank you. You hit the nail on the head. :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

Any Jewelry likes this.
  8. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Wayne - please stay, it can be difficult finding your way in a forum as personal as this one, and some of us have known each for many years, way before forming this group, but you strike me as someone who would be a welcome addition. To be clear, as fellow arm-crosser, had no problem with your pic at all, only pointing out that it can easily be misinterpreted by others, and apparently was by Kiko, and that I don't believe she intended to insult your looks (please note that I suggested judging by a photo isn't a good idea). Can tell you that most of us have been hurt or offended by some comment, and in turn have likely hurt or offended someone else, whether mistakenly or by intention - you can ignore it, or call someone on it, but regardless, most things work out. My apologies if you were hurt by my post, that was not my intention - but felt there was some misunderstanding, and felt the need to defend Kiko...

~Cheryl

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  9. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Seconded, Cheryl.

Bronwen and kyratango like this.
  10. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

I would want Wayne to stay.

As for now this thread is being locked.