Featured Brooch Help Please

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by cxgirl, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

But very nice pennies.:)
    I am still looking for nice ear pendants, I only have (beautiful) earstuds, a silverplated pair of ear pendants and stamped silver pendants.
    Are the ravens for sale?
    Gorgeous! Very stylish too.

komokwa, i need help and judy like this.
  2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I have a pair here somewhere.... maybe more than one. One pair is definitely signed. I knew exactly where they were until I started cleaning up. :bigtears::bigtears::bigtears:

judy and Bronwen like this.
  3. Any Jewelry

I know the feeling. Can never find anything after I've cleaned and organized things.
    I am now thinking of a new system that would work for me. I am an incorrigible optimist.:rolleyes:

judy and Bronwen like this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

All I know is that if I move something it often gets lost. Visual memory is a curse sometimes.

judy likes this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

My lady love , loves putting things in those plastic tubs and boxes....some clear some not....all sizes.
    Once stuff goes in there.....and gets moved out of the way.......it's almost like it never existed..!!!

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  6. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

wow, 1/4" is small! You have to be talented to produce such a beautiful piece:)

komokwa likes this.
  7. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Many engraver's have been using a stereo microscope for close work for years instead of a head piece magnifier.

8. komokwa

upload_2018-7-29_14-16-24.jpeg upload_2018-7-29_14-17-0.jpeg upload_2018-7-29_14-20-34.jpeg 11aaronwilson.jpg

NOT,,,,,, many Haida engravers.....not that I know of.....

Maybe those microscopes are for low talent hacks...

cxgirl likes this.
  9. Hollyblue

David Neal has posted a number of his engraved pieces on the Engraverscafe forum,but has never posted his shop.

10. komokwa

David is a master promoter....I've known him since 1993.....
    It's been years since I was in his shop......& if he has one of those thingys......he's the exception.
    & if so...he's the better for it cuz his earlier work ....was not always up to snuff...

11. komokwa

oh....& David Neel !

12. Hollyblue

13. komokwa

Yes I can....but a quick google brings up dozens of his works...as well as his web site......or the ones in my hand !
    In 2013 he writes...."About 2 years ago I started using a microscope for engraving, which changes the whole game,"
    Well...I didn't know that.......

The bracelet I posted by Jim Edensha....no microscope..!

cxgirl likes this.
  14. Any Jewelry

I am sure some use a stereo microscope, but the NW artists I've seen at work didn't. This is a Carmen Goertzen bracelet, Carmen is one of the artists I've seen working without a stereo microscope:
    [​IMG]

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted