Featured Beads... puka bead-like, red rust color. Any idea what these are called?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Lucille.b, Jul 28, 2019.

1. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

You're welcome! Considering they're asking $175 for this, yours looks to be in really good condition! (if it is carnelian)
    [​IMG]

Any Jewelry and kyratango like this.
  2. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

I'd be thrilled with a fraction of that. Just realized that there is a place I could bring this to get a hands-on opinion. There is a bead store in town, and one of the employees (might even be an owner) is pretty knowledgeable about trade beads. Again, not thinking this has tremendous age, but he might be able to give me thoughts as to material, etc. as its kind of his specialty. Will definitely report back.

The bead store is so great. It is simply a miracle it is still around with too much retail closing left and right. I thank the heavens for it. Anyone here would go crazy inside, it is like a wonderland. They have beautiful things, much is newer, but have to say, some of the newer stuff coming out (probably China) is pretty amazing. Strands of captivating glass beads. They also have older things in a case, NA and African. But those are mostly pieces intact. It is like something you'd see 35 years ago -- a thriving bead store right downtown.

God, I'm procrastinating calling the dentist. Big issue following some work I had last Friday. I know that was a bit of a topic shift. (Possibly too many candy necklaces as a child...)

Jivvy, komokwa, scoutshouse and 2 others like this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

You never know...
    Good luck! Just think of beautiful beads.:)

scoutshouse and Lucille.b like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted