Featured Baccarat Etoile Group Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KSW, Jan 13, 2023.

1. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

KSW finds & shares lots of fine things.O'Bear-research I suppose is the most enjoyable part for me.Some things have taken 10 yrs or more to nail down-some I never have.
    PS-Of course I didn't have this amazing community to work with for a lot of that time !

KSW and charlie cheswick like this.
  2. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

Ohhh man, that would burn me up! You can't just leave prices off and then make something up when someone shows interest! Poker face time.

Houseful, KSW and charlie cheswick like this.
  3. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. Maybe I should stop back in again to check it out. All I saw at the time was 100% new stuff that would be mostly for building - tools and materials.

KSW likes this.
  4. bosko69

Quote-'Yes, if it’s unpriced which half the stuff is. If it’s priced it’s either tat or massively overpriced.' Sounds like some kind of a bait & switch con to me-impromptu pricing-very unprofessional,or downright rude.

KSW likes this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Went to a WHYDIDIBOTHER estate sale this morning at sleep depriviation o'clock, only to find out it was done after another sale had already happened. There was some silver jewelry left, and when I found out what they wanted for it I knew why. None of the worthwhile pieces were priced. "OH I want $$$ for that..." No thanks. Some 80s stone bead jewelry was way over the odds too. Spent $20 on a few bits they missed and some Christmas balls and came home.

KSW likes this.
  6. bosko69

Evey-The 'Lone Picker' rides a long and lonesome highway.Still less dangerous I guess than free-diving 300 feet on a shipwreck.

kentworld and KSW like this.
  7. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Etoile Group is a luxury retail business, the perfumes seems to be a later extension of their activities:)
    https://www.etoilegroup.com/
    I think they commissioned Baccarat special pieces, maybe worth asking Baccarat?

bercrystal and KSW like this.
  8. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

I don’t have many books although I’m slowly collecting some helpful resources. I just don’t have room for them or I’d have hundreds!
    I suspect you are pretty savvy about what might not be tat!

Ownedbybear likes this.
  9. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

That’s another reason why I don’t often bother going in. There is another shop from the same charity, they have a huge shop but they screen so thoroughly I’ve not bought anything in a year apart from some school uniform. It’s filled with dated dinner services, pots that you’d dump a plant in and chairs.
    I wonder how they cover their rent.

10. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

That is a great idea! I will do that :)

kyratango likes this.
  11. evelyb30

Not too long and I ran into some folks I know who also went to the sale. I don't think any of us walked out with much. The dangerous part... mostly to my sanity.

12. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

13. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

bercrystal, cxgirl and kyratango like this.
  14. bosko69

KSW-
    Do you have a lot of Charities & Thrifts in your area to pick from ?
    PS-Not asking your location,it's just that here in greater Portland I'd have to put in $5-$15 in gas to pick all my faves !

15. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

I’m in the south of the UK in Gloucestershire
    Our town with 13 charity shops is only 4 miles away so I’m very lucky. 6 of those are excellent hunting grounds. There is also a weekly flea fair, a house clearance place and an antiques mall if things are running dry.
    I can usually find free parking too!
    I work freelance so often drive through other towns and drop in to their shops if I’m passing and have time. I rarely drive specifically to another town as I’m very well catered for here although it’s not unheard of!
    I buy some stuff from eBay etc but I’m finding less and less affordable treasures on there.
    In the summer we have two good big car boots to choose from on a Saturday and a huge one on Sundays about 25 minutes drive away.

16. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

This Baccarat pencil holder might have been a large order by the Etoile Group for use by executives or for luxury door prizes. maybe. They also made a matching clock.

Nice find!

KSW likes this.
  17. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

THIRTEEN?

Heaven.

bercrystal, KSW and kyratango like this.
  18. bosko69

KSW-13 Charities-be still me friggin' heart ! Do you pick & sell full-time (aside frm raising kids) ? It sounds like you've got a fine sense of what sells & gas is manageable.
    You must be very good at schedules.Sorry to sound like an 'Inquisitor',do you sell most on Ebay ?
    PS-Alright,enough of today's questionnaire,go back to the happy hunting grounds.

kyratango likes this.
  19. evelyb30

13????? Don't let me over there; I'd never want to come home!

bercrystal likes this.
  20. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

If I make the trip, could I pretty please go with you? With strawberries and sugar on top?

bercrystal likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted