Featured As with coins, I assume other collectables have grades and such.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Devyn5150, Apr 22, 2019.

1. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

yes yes...to both of you !!!
    BUT......I thought the US made Canadian pennys for a short while....1996..?
    perhaps??

2. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

Could be Komo ... :) .. Joy.

3. Devyn5150

Devyn5150 Member

Yes. I see it and those are the types of things I need to know/learn. A mark ain’t always just necessarily a straight forward mark. Thanks.

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  4. Devyn5150

Devyn5150 Member

I totally understand that idea, however, how many mints do they have? I was floored when I received two American Mint rolls of Jefferson’s at my bank. Both rolls were full of 2005 D’s as I recall. If I were an employee at the Denver mint and I opened those rolls, I would be embarrassed. I purchased a mint roll of 2005 Victory P Canadian nickels at the dealer’s. For being the same age and denomination, no comparison, Canada knocked it out of the park, but even still, yeah it is understood... billions of coins get struck, errors happen. They each probably have their issues to overcome.

5. Devyn5150

Devyn5150 Member

A Big ole unhappy face over here ‘bout that let me tell you! 2012 when our penny died.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  6. Devyn5150

Devyn5150 Member

Canuckia, lol, cool!

7. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

Hi Devyn .. I was born and grew up in England and remember vividly the old pounds, shillings and pence .. also the half crown, threepenny bit, tanner (sixpence), halfpenny (ha'penny), farthing, the penny was a large round coin when I left England, England is never far from my thoughts or my heart .. Canada is BEAUTIFUL, and I love it too ... Joy. :)

Devyn5150 and komokwa like this.
  8. Devyn5150

Devyn5150 Member

Hi back. I’m most fond of northern Manitoba and southern Alberta in the Rockies. The land of Canada is eye appealing, agreed, the ruling parties, government, ain’t always so swift or nice butt, I guess much better than some however.

I’ve never been across the pond. Would like to.

Christmasjoy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted