ANY INFO ON BOX OF ANTIQUE DOLLS I HAVE?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by journeymagazine, May 27, 2019.

1. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It is extremely stained.
    The condition of most of the dolls is poor to trash can-worthy imo.:(

Last edited: May 28, 2019
    Debora and judy like this.
  2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

The book calls her Flora McFlimsy.

Only one photo.

She was a compo 15" doll - glued on blond human hair wig, freckles on nose, open mouth 4 teeth.

However it is interesting to note that the book also states that the doll was marked Princess Elizabeth/Madame Alexander Doll. Co. on the head.

Produced in 1939.

i need help and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Checked further in the book...3 photos....she also came 16".

I agree with AJ on desirability of the lot itself.

You can check the Storybook dolls on ebay, but I think yours are for parts only.

i need help and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Are the minis in the shadow box 'real' granite ware? I would think they might do well.

i need help and johnnycb09 like this.
  5. judy

judy Well-Known Member

I had to look back to see the granite ware. TY for pointing them out.

Again, I think Johnny will have some value ideas.

i need help and johnnycb09 like this.
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Ah, Hungary. Thought it was Eastern Europe but couldn't place where. Thank you.

Debora

Any Jewelry likes this.
  7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Newsprint as expected is Spanish but doesn't give much of a clue as to age. Visible on female figure is a reference to the Spanish writer Menéndez y Pelayo. His dates are 1856-1912 but dolls aren't contemporary with that period.

Debora

Any Jewelry likes this.
  8. Any Jewelry

The man's shirt is embroidered and seems to have ruffles down the front, Cuban style. Those trousers are a complete unknown to me. The woman's costume looks pretty generic Latin American.

9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

10. Any Jewelry

I know the china poblana costume, but I never recognized the female newspaper doll as a china costume, and it looked like she was wearing a neckscarf, not a shawl.
    Now that I look a little closer the skirt has appliqués, which is like the satin china skirt I used to have. I don't know what happened to my skirt, but I still have the blouse, which has a much longer ruffled collar than this one, and mine is lace.

judy likes this.
  11. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

The male figure's pants are called pantalon caporal, a version of which is worn by cowboys and mariachi. They're also associated with the Mexican Revolution.

Debora

s812918484170006918_p69_i1_w225.jpg

Any Jewelry likes this.
  12. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Here's another china poblana figure with her shawl wrapped in a similar manner.

Debora

a028728fa4ba5fdd104e5af64aad379a.jpg

Any Jewelry likes this.
  13. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

House of miniatures is an okay brand,those might have a little value,but from what I can see a lot of that stuff seems to be very run of the mill generic made in Japan stuff,and doesnt look in the best condition. There might be more money in some of the miniature china and metal bits,Id love to see some more pics of the contents. That little embroidered floral rug I guarantee is part of a purse,Ive got a couple myself! In miniature furniture like most things,rarity is the key. An artisan piece will always fetch more than a mass produced piece. That being said,there are some name brands that do fetch good money. More pics please? :)
    Ps... I just wanted to add check everything carefully as I once bought a "miniature punch bowl" for pennies that was actually a silver salt cellar! Doll house enthusiasts often use things you wouldnt expect.

i need help, judy, SBSVC and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted