Featured Antique? chinese pendant ?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by charlie cheswick, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

kyratango likes this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Yeah, I did wonder about that. I know mine was kosher (!), but I am suspicious of that site.

Any Jewelry and kyratango like this.
  3. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Kosher…not so much LOL! Do you guys think they’re repros? Somehow I doubt it but IMO not such a “fortunate” find…

Ownedbybear and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

lot's of nazi's runnin' round the world-they won't call themselves that of course,but you can smell 'em.holy cow-ivory,haunted dolls and hitler memorabilia-kind of halloweenish but not in a humorous way,interesting though.

Ownedbybear likes this.
  5. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Speaking of Black Americana and Art-I was at an early 70's Viet Nam War gathering,and I noticed a painting hanging in the guy's kitchen.I went over for a closer look-it was an original oil painting by Romare Bearden,maybe 15" by 30",I think it was of sharecroppers (?).Now as an art student I naturally knew who Bearden was-the home owner said he and Bearden had done civil rights work together and Bearden had given it to him-what a mensch !
    If my dad had left me that painting-it would have been a gut-punch to have to sell it,lord knows where it is now.

komokwa, reader and Any Jewelry like this.
  6. Any Jewelry

If they were given to newlyweds.... Just think of all those young men, many would have married their sweethearts before they left to fight, just like Allied young men did. I imagine countless boxes were made.

Ownedbybear and reader like this.
  7. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Great story-TY for sharing.

8. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Agree but odd that a bunch were found together unless unissued new old stock.

Any Jewelry and Ownedbybear like this.
  9. reader

reader Well-Known Member

No offense…XOX

Any Jewelry and komokwa like this.
  10. Any Jewelry

I get the impression they were collected over the period of a few years. "Better contacts" :yuck: maybe?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
    Roshan Ko and reader like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted