Ancient Egyptian ? Auction statue

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by charlie cheswick, Aug 30, 2021.

1. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

It is pretty standard language for auctions; but note this in the terms and conditions:
    "2. All lots are believed to be described correctly but cannot be guaranteed to be so, and no compensation shall be allowed for any error, should such exist, regarding the quantity, quality or otherwise of the respective lots....and all lots shall be deemed to be examined by the purchaser and bought as found."

3. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

i stayed way clear of the antiquities, they both sold under £20 so people obviously aren't as gullible as i might have been

i did put a cheeky bid in for these though for £17, won for £13

i know they are worth nothing nowadays, but just out of interest, how much would they have been worth when legal to sell ??

i bought them to wear, so doesn't really matter, just interested

b1.jpg b2.jpg b3.jpg b4.jpg b5.jpg

4. stracci

stracci Well-Known Member

Ha! Sadigh Gallery!
    He used to put out a catalog, and about 20 years ago I bought some things from him!
    Several oil lamps, a Roman arrow point and a faience mummy bead necklace with an eye of Horace pendant! I gave them all as gifts! They all seemed legit to me at the time.

Any Jewelry and charlie cheswick like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted