Featured Aesthetic Owl Calling Card Tray

Discussion in 'Silver' started by bosko69, Jan 10, 2023.

1. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Thanks Lark-I certainly don't blow my money on silver plate very often,but this one got me.
    I guess my rule of thumb would be w/ plate-the weirder more eccentric & flamboyant the piece,the better.Also a combo cigar cutter/corkscrew will always most likely be more valuable than a basic brides basket,course if said basket has an extraordinary pristine glass insert-who knows.
    ***Obviously if the plated piece is hallmarked 'Christofle' or 'Tiffany' all bets are off- Bakersmaga & Mr.Nate will know tons more than me re: other types of marquee plate.

2. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Where did you see these for sale? How much did they sell for? I WANT them, they are so gorgeous. But of course, so impractical. I don't even eat ice cream (or at least, very very seldom). Let's say I eat ice cream at 7:00 pm on Monday. Sure as the sun comes up the next day, I get on the scale and BAM! 3 more pounds. Never fails, so I just can't eat the stuff. But what a wonderful combination of fat and sugar! LOL!

komokwa and bercrystal like this.
  3. bosko69

ola402 likes this.
  4. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Perhaps it's best that I don't know what the set sold for, in case it was less than I would have paid. But based on the listed prices of their other items, I don't think that I could afford them. I copied the photo to my desktop so that I can gaze fondly at the spoons from time to time. Thanks for posting the link.

bercrystal likes this.
  5. bosko69

Sublime workmanship & design (in the original box)-glad I didn't know the price either.Would look extraordinary in a shadow box made from an Eastlake/Aesthetic frame.
    There's sample pieces for sale online of original 1880's Aesthetic Wallpaper-metallic inks,embossed leather-insanely lovely stuff,but alas $$$. Some of the crafted modern designs are also quite nice and not so spendy.
    I'll dig out a few my Eastlake/Aesthetic frames to share sometime-those were (perhaps still are ?) affordable.

Draft saved Draft deleted