A thead to introduce ourselves.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by clutteredcloset49, May 31, 2014.

1. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Agreed, Bev and I'm sorry that happened to you. I understand your need to clarify the situation as that is what I am going through.

As I was GIFTED that nickname so long ago, it has always been special to ME, and very appropriate to describe the way I tend to post.
    <3

I am not pleased to have found my threadzilla nickname taken / used by another AB member, it seems a falsehood, an impersonation of me - from my point of view. I don't know why persona-non-gratis would have done this to me? I did a search to find I'd also mentioned my threadzilla style of multiple postings HERE at the same time that he selected that name to change to, so I feel it was not done by pure coincidence - as was stated somewhere on the AB OT thread.

I don't believe in coincidence anyway it just makes me feel distrustful that he'd take that little simple joy away from me, and I am somewhat depressed / distressed to feel impersonated on the AB. I simply do not need any more sadness or stress at this point in my life..
    =(

2. 707susang

707susang Active Member

Anti, I remember when you named yourself, Threadzilla. Yes, that was a long time ago. I'm surprised I remember. Is there not a private message system here? Why question Persona in public? He said it was a coincidence. How in the heck would he know that belonged to you? You've never used it as a tag line? If I'm remembering correctly, and I am very surprised that I might remember, he came to the board long after that?

3. antidiem

Sue, he looked on HERE and then changed his persona-non-gratis name.

That nickname was gifted to me by FROGGER, I'd never have thought of it myself.

I used it as a tag line along with a photo that Chevy gave me for YEARS:

ThreadzillaByChevy.jpg

Afterwards, a very talented T&S boardie (NSS) made my icons based on my threadzilla theme.

I hope this helps to jog your memory.

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  4. antidiem

5. antidiem

Sue, this was before you were showing your legs off in your bathtub photos on the AB and didn't return the blue shark that spoiled our group's game. After being asked MANY times to send the blue shark back, when you finally did return it MONTHS LATER, I saw that it had sustained heavy damage while in your possession.
    =(

6. antidiem

I have a photographic memory.

7. 707susang

707susang Active Member

Oh, brother! I think you better go to bed.

8. antidiem

I dislike private messages on ebay - when you wrote to me MONTHS after my husband had died and stated, "you're husband passed away? If so, I send my sincerest condolences."

It took me a long time to respond to you because I felt you were basically calling me a liar about his death with your words, "If so" - but when I finally mustered up my words to respond, I really tried to make things better with you.

So much for that.

9. antidiem

wasted effort

S7 You know what I stated above is all true. Your avoidance to acknowledge ALL of what I've said, and your convenient memory do not bode well for you.

Have another bottle of wine.

10. 707susang

707susang Active Member

I rarely send a message. So, you took a sincere condolence and tried to twist that into something bad? Shame on you!

I'm going to bed. No more comments from me, period. Sorry.

11. antidiem

Yours was THE LEAST SINCERE condolence I've received to date.

You've always done your best to try to hurt my feelings and I don't know why you started that?

You started it when you asked in the group [paraphrased], "Is this what it is to be outed?" - before you ever even got the boot out. I felt bad for you at that time, and I replied, "NO" because I wasn't even one of the ones wanting to give you the boot out back then.

Afterwards you had to be asked MANY times to return the blue plastic shark and then you finally sent him back horribly damaged. Truth.

12. mkscollectables

mkscollectables New Member

This conversation has nothing to do with introductions right now. You two should maybe talk in private? I'd like to see more happy introductions. Like them! :)

*crs*, 42Skeezix and antidiem like this.
  13. antidiem

Mks, I would too.

I only typed the first thing because I did NOT want anyone here to think that was ME on the AB and THAT had to do with introductions.

Then S7 came along to "correct" me publicly with false information here.

14. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

I see that some member introductions told a bit about themselves so I will give a brief intro. again and a bit about me ;)

I was a silversmith for 35+ years,I also dabbled in gold but its very expensive but is the same technique. I was taught at the bench by an elderly gentleman,he was 90 something and Native American. I was amazed by his talent and taking the time to teach me the ropes of silversmithing.

I learned using a torch,jeweler saws,files,and building up my pieces. Then I dabbled in lost wax using a vac-u-cast and all the other componets that go with it,burnout oven,furnice melt, wax injector,vulcanizer,just to name a few.

Well, I preferred the torch method as no two pieces are alike so I sold all my casting equipment.

I was also a political activist in the late 70's and 80's,raised three daughters, owned a horse boarding stable for 10 years and also collected and sold various antiques. I also collected coins and stamps in the late 60's through the 80's.

I am still learning and LOVE to see all the antiques and collectables posted.

PS

I forgot my main LOVE,guitar. I played in a band in the 60's. I also write songs,and poetry :)

antidiem and mkscollectables like this.
  15. persona-non-gratin

persona-non-gratin Well-Known Member

Antediem: Having trawled through all your posts on here I find one reference to your 'Threadzilla style' postings. This must have lodged in my subconscious (You must admit it's a damn fine ID) Thus when I felt the need to change IDs on ebay
    up it popped ! It was not my intention or desire to cause you any distress. Nor was I aware of any history connected with this ID.
    Unfortunately I cannot change it for 30 days so until they elapse I shall not post using that ID. Please forgive me.

tie.dye.cat, antidiem, Kgr947 and 2 others like this.
  16. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

Thats very sweet of you persona :)
    I know I LOVE my "spirit of shiloh" and would be saddened if I saw it used by another within a group.
    Of course there was the battle of Shiloh and Shiloh was an ancient city mentioned in the Hebrew bible,but its my ID and my horse was named Shiloh and when she was put down, it thundered then rained, so my vet said,"there goes the Spirit of Shiloh" :( :( :(

antidiem likes this.
  17. antidiem

That is very considerate of you Persona. If you will nudge me, I'll try to snag it if that's even possible. I can see in my email when someone sends a community message to me and I wouldn't dislike having the kindness of a message from you, doesn't have to be exactly 30 days, I wouldn't know when any other way. You seem to be a good guy, thank you for that.

I'm sorry to have been so "thrown" by it all, I thought everybody knew, but I was unable to re-upload my little dinosaur siggy pic after a board change.

I have been out of touch this last year what with being a fulltime cancer caretaker and 2013 was the first year that has ever been a blur for me. It wasn't old age (like I joked with Bev), it was the stress of loss - this has caused my brain to malfunction.

Little by little I'm working to try to get back into the human race without being run over by it all, have always been blunt and to the point, trying to have grace in the face of grief.

I have always been a truth seeker.

18. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

A picture from my grandson just for you... 2014-05-13 19.57.30 (571x640).jpg

19. antidiem

Please thank your grandson for me and thank you for posting it, Bev! I snagged it. I have a folder full of threadzillas, we used to have a lot of fun making avatars and sharing them, back when no board moderators cared if we goofed around being friendly with other members.

The ebay help boards were quite the gathering place back then!:joyful:

20. trip98

trip98 Well-Known Member

I started in the biz when I was 12 accompanying my mom on buying/selling trips and estate sales. My first important job was to "watch her stash" during estate sale buying. In high school my antique/collectable interest went into hibernation, but resurfaced while attending UCLA. It was a great way to make make extra money on my own hours as the area around the school was very nice with great sales. After graduation I got a "real" job, but still antiqued part time. Part-time Antiquer status has stayed with me for 25 years. I consider myself very knowledgeable in California, Studio and Art pottery. However, I will buy just about anything if the price is right. Now my kids are in college (one child graduated college yesterday And she was then only student speaker at the commencement!) I am spending more time than ever buying, selling and collecting Studio pottery 1940s-1970s. Love reading all your history and big thank you to all of you who share your knowledge!

Draft saved Draft deleted