Featured 3d detailed art piece

Discussion in 'Art' started by Lilit, Feb 9, 2024.

1. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It ends when the seller accepts a bid. That is up to the seller, so it isn't an auction as such.
    I buy on Marktplaats regularly, especially when the seller hasn't a clue what an item is. I just bought two North African silver bangles on MP for bargain prices.:happy:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2024
    mirana, Marote and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  3. LauraGarnet02

Holy moley! This could go on forever! :eek:

I keep checking back every couple of days because I don't want to miss the ending. Also hoping the seller would add new information.

What is the longest wait you have ever had for a seller to accept your offer?

Any Jewelry likes this.
  4. Any Jewelry

I have had a seller contact me about two months after I had put in a bid. Nothing happened during that time, no other bids, and I had forgotten about it. I guess the seller thought there was no other interest, and they might as well sell it.
    But usually the deal is sealed within a few days.

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

@Any Jewelry : Is there any way you could get hold of the buyer when the sale ends? Maybe by contacting the seller? Just to find out if the buyer knows what it is?

6. Any Jewelry

There is no way for anyone else to contact the buyer. You could try and contact the seller, and see if he would be willing to ask the buyer to contact you. Or ask the seller if he could ask the buyer if they know who it is by.

moreotherstuff likes this.
  7. LauraGarnet02

mirana likes this.
  8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Saskia is a lowball bottom feeder......imo

9. LauraGarnet02

Someone has to be the first bidder. I've been at country auctions where the auctioneer couldn't get his starting bid of 5 or 10 bucks. Lowered it to $1 and then the bidding war started and soared!

mirana and Bakersgma like this.
  10. Lilit

Lilit Active Member

Hi guys, sorry I have been travelling and haven’t look on the forum. But I received no response from the seller on Marktplaats. The item is reserved at the moment.

Sadly no information.

11. Virginia

Virginia New Member

Or one horse is leaving as the other horse is arriving ... just a thought.

Marote and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  12. Lilit

Lilit Active Member

I got a picture of the back!

Attached Files:

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  13. LauraGarnet02

It looks like fiberboard. And then there's some kind of inlaid piece of lumber slotted in across the top of the frame.
    It's still all so very mysterious.

EDIT: It's back on the market again I see. It looks like the seller did not accept the high bid.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2024
  14. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

The face reminds me of the bone moonface carvings used in jewellery & usually represented as coming from Bali.

Lilit and LauraGarnet02 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted