3 Old Metal Dogs

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by KevinM, May 26, 2016.

1. KevinM

KevinM Active Member

Thanks Ladybranch, Cherl, and clutterdcloset for the info! Ladybranch, that first link you listed is the larger dog (paperweight). I measured mine from front paw to tail at 3 1/4" but when measured from tip of nose to tail it measures the same at 3.75 inches in length and 2.25 inches tall.

None of the listings I'm now finding for these dog paperweights and card holders have any maker marks or ID on them. I'm confidant the 3 dogs I have are authentic Hubley's and not reproductions. As far as condition, well I would just say they were well loved.

The smaller ones look like they are referred to as a card holders, they have a slit in the mouth where you would place a card with a guests name inserted to identify seating arrangements at dinner parties. Also, I'm seeing them listed as a Fox Terrier? See link below for one of the listings.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANTIQUE-HUB...841096?hash=item3d146f4348:g:p1gAAOSwvgdW52i2

Thanks!
    Kevin

KingofThings likes this.
  2. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

I really wasn't posting that link to say it was yours, only to see how yours is like it with the red collar. Hubley's sealyhams were made in several sizes.

--- Susan

KingofThings likes this.
  3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

HA! NOPE!!:yawn:

KingofThings likes this.