Featured 3 jade and silver tea cups

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Desertau, Jun 26, 2024 at 2:06 PM.

1. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I'd have them sitting on a shelf.. at the auction house.(LOL) OKfine, I'm a philistine, but pieces like this aren't something I really go for, and they'd be best off with someone who would appreciate them.

Desertau likes this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Starbucks is an abomination wherever you go. Burnt beans and gnat piss.

I’ve drunk coffee in Brazil.

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Dunkin dark roast is the same - BURNT roast. They're one reason I go for breakfast roast beans; they're light roast only, not charcoal.

4. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Don't hold back OOB, tell us how you really feel. ;):hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: :kiss::kiss:

kyratango, Any Jewelry and Lucille.b like this.
  5. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I prefer Illy over Starbucks... wish we had more Illy caffes here in the US, the only one I know of in my area is at the airport international terminal.

Best home made coffee I've ever had is Fortnum and Mason's Breakfast Blend.

kentworld and Any Jewelry like this.
  6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Illy is decent. There’s a fair few good indie coffee places in London these days. And lots of Turkish and Arabic coffee to feed my habit for that. I use Lidl Deluxe single variety in a one cup cafetière. It’s actually rather good, especially the stronger ones.

Tea bags are the work of Satan.

bercrystal and kyratango like this.
  7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Late to the party, but yes, Himalayan water offering bowls.
    The jade bowls were probably made in China proper, and the silver mounts added in Tibet. They did a very good job, the bowls are stunning.:happy:

The repoussé symbols are the Ashtamangala, the eight auspicious symbols of Himalayan Buddhism.
    The Ahstamangala were originally ancient Indian symbols of royalty. Other schools of Buddhism also have these symbols, as do Hinduism and Jainism, but the sets differ slightly from one culture to another.

The Himalayana Ashtamangala are:
    - The endless knot - the intertwining of wisdom and compassion, and interconnectedness of other important aspects which will lead to enlightenment.
    - The victory banner - the victory of the activities of one's own and others body, speech and mind over obstacles and negativitities.
    - The Dharmachakra, or wheel of law - the turning of the wheel of Dharma, which means continuous instructing of Buddha's teachings and living according to them.
    - The bejewelled parasol - protection from illness, harmful forces and suffering.
    - The goldfish - a state of fearlessness, without danger of drowning in the ocean of sufferings.
    - The wisdom or treasure vase - an inexhaustible vessel for wisdom, longevity, health, wealth, prosperity. Also the wisdom and spiritual treasure gained through initiation.
    - The lotus flower - rising from wordly defilement to purity through spiritual growth, just like the beautiful lotus flower rises from muddy waters.
    - The right-coiled white conch - the deep and far-reaching sound of the Dharma teachings, which awakens disciples from the deep slumber of ignorance.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2024 at 12:57 PM
    aaroncab, bercrystal, komokwa and 3 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted