2 wall hangers with tiles in them

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by rknarr2, Apr 1, 2019.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

i

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  2. rknarr2

I do not know. My mom thought they could be pot holders

3. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

I think she means trivets, but in that case the hot dish sits flat on the tile. Try it and see if the wire gets in the way.

Bronwen likes this.
  4. rknarr2

I think bigger the dish, the wire would get in the way

Bronwen likes this.
  5. rknarr2

The town has a museum for Boizenburg tiles. I shall see if they have email contact. I have not found much on these tiles.

Bronwen likes this.
  6. rknarr2

I believe the Erstes Deutsches Fliesenmuseum is a Boizenburgh tile museum. I hope I am able to send them a message. I found the website which is in Germany language. I think this is their contact information and has an email that I will try to send message and pics as follows:
    Kontakt:
    Erstes Deutsches Fliesenmuseum Boizenburg e.V.
    Reichenstr. 4
    19258 Boizenburg

Tel.: 038847/ 53881
    Fax: 038847/ 33183

e-mail: fliesenreich@t-online.de

Bronwen likes this.
  7. rknarr2

I went to ebay and found 2 listings. One listing is for $85 for 2 tiles while a completed listing is for $4. Not sure what to price mine at. Rob

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    Bronwen likes this.
  8. rknarr2

I still wonder if the wire mesh is like a picture wall frame but for the tile and that the top of the triangle on the back is where you hang it onto the screw or nail that is in the wall.

Bronwen likes this.
  9. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Yes, that's correct.
    Can't think what this style of painting is. Not Impressionist or Modern art.
    But it was popular in the 1950s
    The green was a popular color accent.

cxgirl, Bronwen and rknarr2 like this.
  10. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Is the triangular metal piece on the back springy or rigid? Trying to figure out if these were designed for tiles the right size to be interchangeable, like frames for mounting plates on the wall, or are sturdy enough for something to be set down on the tile, as you would to use as a trivet, without pushing the tile down.

11. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

I don't believe they were ever meant to hang on a wall. They are just trivets for a small, hot dish to set on the table. The way they are made suggests that they would 'nest' when in storage without scratching the surface of the tiles.

Bronwen likes this.
  12. rknarr2

The triangular shaped metal is rigid. If you would to bend it with a lot of force, you would not be able to get it back into its original position. Rob

Bronwen likes this.
  13. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

cxgirl and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted