Featured 1960s(?) cardboard jointed stick puppets - do you know these characters?

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Bookahtoo, May 26, 2015.

1. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Bookahtoo, when the sale is complete would you please ask the buyer if he/she knows more specifics about the items (who/what/when/where)? I'm sure we'd all like to know what information the buyer might share with you. ;)

2. jackolin

jackolin Well-Known Member

I am afraid they would soon be destroyed if put in a B&M store, too many hands.

yourturntoloveit and Messilane like this.
  3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

These were cartoon characters. I remember watching them.

Terry Toons - 1940s I think

Kasperscuriosities likes this.
  4. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

I think they're totally generic, carefully avoiding any possible resemblances to any copyrighted popular characters of the time. Any time 50s-70s?

Maybe classroom supplies for Kindergarten classrooms? (WAG)

No markings what so ever makes things difficult.

trip98 likes this.
  5. trip98

trip98 Well-Known Member

I agree generic but close enough to cartoons of the time. Maybe party favors.

6. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Again - thanks for all the ideas and suggestions. They do look similar to Terrytoons characters cluttered - but I can't match even one up.

7. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Any of our British friends see these? I don't think they are American characters.

8. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

They also look a bit like Nikki Dyson's work. Cassidy the Pony for instance.

Draft saved Draft deleted