Featured Sweet little watercolor.

Discussion in 'Art' started by johnnycb09, Apr 11, 2015.

1. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Hi all,picked this up today just because it spoke to me. I have been far more modern and abstract in my taste the last few years,but this was so appealing and so cheap I had to bring it home. Its 4 1/2 by 3 1/2,signed "WBR,1915" . I of course couldn't find "WBR" so any input would be most appreciated. I think its say "Fidelity after broken right rib" then "Elsie" on the back,and I couldn't make out what the other said, isn't it just the sweetest picture ? DSCN3126.JPG

Attached Files:

cxgirl, lauragarnet and mymysharona43 like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

that's art at it's best.
    it's got soul.

cxgirl likes this.
  3. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Johnny,
    It may have spoken to you but it shouts at me. I think it is wonderful. Looks like he returned home wounded in the war and his girl married someone else. The dog still loves him.:rolleyes:
    greg

maryislgal likes this.
  4. moontymes

moontymes Well-Known Member

Really wonderful little piece, johnny!

5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Or the dog wants to be fed, anyway. That's what it means when a cat does that. I know you're miserable, but I'm HUNGRY.(LOL)

cxgirl likes this.
  6. Tauriel

Tauriel Active Member

Johnny, I REALLY like this, it would be on my wall in the beat of a heart!!

7. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

Let's hear it for the Schmaltzers!! :)

8. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

That is just lovely, choked me up a bit. When problems with the ex brought me to tears, my beloved Aussie Bru often did the same, resting his head on my knee, worried look on his face - and he had no problem in identifying the cause, getting to the point where he growled at the ex any time he came within 6 feet of me...

~Cheryl

gregsglass likes this.
  9. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Johnny, this must rank as one of your best buys. :happy:

10. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Good eye. Lovely painting.

11. johnnycb09

Thanks for the kind words everyone ! It may be wishful thinking,but I THINK it might be by William Bruce Ranken ? It reminded me too of a long gone ,much loved dog named "Happy" (long before that song!) he was a dalmation/mutt mix,huge,clumsy and the most loving creature ever. Maybe this is a small step towards redemption for my infamous "tomato head man" ! :)

12. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Oh, but we all love your Tomato Head Man. I'll bet if you had the image made into t-shirts, you'd sell a lot of them.

13. johnnycb09

Your FAR too kind,Bev ! LOL !

Bev aka thelmasstuff likes this.
  14. Bev aka thelmasstuff

You just haven't seen the stuff that people are buying lately. I'm telling you, you're passing up a goldmine.

Draft saved Draft deleted