Silver seven pointed star, whatdaya figure?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by J Dagger, May 9, 2024.

1. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

This came in a mostly costume bag lot. A few silver bits and from a good auction house but mostly not great costume. It sure appears to be silver and it’s the right size for a law enforcement or otherwise badge I’d think. They don’t really use seven pointed stars in law enforcement though. Wiki says that Navajo Police do but I don’t see anything resembling this in an image search. In the bag lot was a ton of mountaineering pins from the Alps, mostly Swiss. Turns out the coat of arms of Thun is a seven pointed star. A google of “Thun silver star” garners nothing similar. Any ideas? 1E4B7060-3E5E-4A1D-BC69-8E2E06B40B7F.jpeg F0C385BD-E4FD-45D6-9BB7-43C4E44AD70A.jpeg 67530F1D-59EB-4F06-8C7E-AAD77F9461DB.jpeg

komokwa and ulilwitch like this.
  2. ulilwitch

ulilwitch Well-Known Member

It could be a fairy star because it has 7 points. They are used in jewelry.
    Looks very similar.

J Dagger and pearlsnblume like this.
  3. 2manybooks

2manybooks Well-Known Member

4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I wonder if it was off horse tack?

5. ulilwitch

ulilwitch Well-Known Member

This is a fairy star. fairy star4.png

pearlsnblume and komokwa like this.
  6. J Dagger

Other than being much smaller the example you provided does seem close. I didn’t find and others hand made and this size when I did an image search but it’s an interesting idea. I won’t discount it! Thanks

7. J Dagger

Like a shield boss type embellishment. Yeh, could be.

ulilwitch likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted