Featured Maybe a Larkin Rocker?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Jkharwood77, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Jkharwood77

Jkharwood77 New Member

I have a similar rocker to what was posted in the Rocking Chair thread that was identified as a Larkin McKinley Rocker. This rocker belonged to my great grandfather in Hastings, Nebraska. My grandmother thought he may have gotten it sometime between 1915 and 1920. It is slightly different than the one pictured in the other discussion; no cut outs on the back and an embellishment on the front of the seat, label is gone. If anyone have any information...what is the style, was it a later iteration of the Larkin, maybe another maker...I would appreciate it, thanks! (Cited from: https://www.antiquers.com/threads/rocking-chair.21114/)

2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Jkhardwood!

Welcome to Antiquers.............

Lovely rocker............others will be along to help...........

scoutshouse and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  3. Jkharwood77

Jkharwood77 New Member

Thanks Judy!

scoutshouse, KikoBlueEyes and judy like this.
  4. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

Welcome JKharwood! Lovely waterfall seat circa 1900's.

5. judy

judy Well-Known Member

You're welcome!!

scoutshouse and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  6. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Welcome JK. I hope that your search for answers here is successful.

scoutshouse and judy like this.
  7. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

8. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi and WELCOME to ANTIQUERS, Jkhardwood! Those more likely to have answers have been tagged!!! Nice and interesting rocker!! AND nice that you kept it from your GREAT grandfather!!!!!

Any Jewelry likes this.
  9. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

10. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

Yeah, sorry, not a clue! :oops: wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy out of my area of interest, wait for brad & others.

11. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Certainly very similar to the Larkin rocker in the other thread. Whether a variation by them or made by someone else, I don't know. I think an early 20th century date is a good bet and your family history may be correct. Do you know if it was bought new?

12. Jkharwood77

Jkharwood77 New Member

I don’t know if they purchased it new or not. They were not wealthy so, it is possible they bought it second hand. Attaching some additional pictures.

13. Jkharwood77

Jkharwood77 New Member

14. Jkharwood77

Jkharwood77 New Member

The hardware on the back is pot metal painted to resemble brass. When we refinished the rocker we noticed a similar paint color around the screws and thought it may have came like this or someone had done it at some point in time.

15. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

The 4 additional Gallery pictures you attached in post 13 are apparently set to Private - no one but you can see them. If you want us to see them, please change the security setting to Public.

Any Jewelry and James Conrad like this.
  16. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Thanks for fixing the images!!

Any Jewelry and James Conrad like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted