Featured I AM WAITING FOR THIS AUCTION TO COME UP BECAUSE I HAVE

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Aquitaine, May 7, 2024.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

4 VERY SMALL (1 7/16th" TALL) Lalique 'HATHOR' "pieces" I'm not sure what to call them........as I can't find what mine are, or from...other than I think, based on what the auction says they look like they're Lalique!!! Found them in Mom's stuff during readying the house to send items to Auction.....and have been sitting in tissue in a 'basket' in a drawer ever since 2003.......this auction coming up has 3 Lalique pieces, of which the little items I own are identical to the one in the grouping!! I've always thought it might be Lalique, and now absolutely cannot find much information on it!!
    THE SITE:​
    https://www.auctionninja.com/mcinni...s-hathor-george-duncan-butterfly-1082564.html

The auction is: Thursday May 16th at 7:00pm.....

The grouping for sale looks like this on the site:

TINY CRYSTAL  EGPTN FACE-McInnis Auction.jpg

And images below are ONE of my identical four, measurements, front and back:

Front:
    MINE-HATHOR-GODDESS.jpg

HATHOR-2.jpg

Back
    2119-B--BACK VIEW-topaz-denoise-sharpen.jpg
    although the backs of them are flat-
    just showing translucency.....

And enlarged below from the one on the site:
    ENLARGEMENT- HATHOR- GREEK DEITY.jpg

NOW, what would one do with such small things??? OR be used for? IF ANYONE has any idea, I'd LOVE to be enlightened!!!!!! ANY and ALL help/input is GREATLY APPRECIATED, and THANK YOU!!! And I'll see if there might be any value in the included one in the lot for sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CURRENT bid for the SALE lot is a hefty $1.00, BTW:happy:

Last edited: May 7, 2024
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

when the dawg is ripping up your favourite pillow.....you could chuck one at him...

:eek:

johnnycb09, sabre123 and Marote like this.
  3. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

4. laura9797

Also, George Duncan is not Lalique and operated Duncan & Sons in Pittsburgh-PA, Company Operated: 1874-1891. That three faces master salt was also reproduced by Wright. I am not seeing where the listing states these are Lalique pieces? I could be misreading - only on my first cup of coffee!

5. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

I have the three face one. glad to get the possible makers. thanks

Aquitaine, johnnycb09 and Any Jewelry like this.
  6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

@laura9797, I totally believe you!!! I could swear I read 'Lalique' in the listing a few days ago and did not dream it up on my own!!! I also re-read it!!! NO mention of Lalique!!!! I wonder if, since it's posting 9 days ago, a viewer might have known/seen that they aren't Lalique and the website corrected it???? To think I wasted a bunch of time posting the images!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jawdrop::jawdrop::jimlad: But it "Is What It IS", and I thank you for figuring it out!!!! Probably why I didn't find much!! OTOH, I think the necklace you found at the MMA is such a cute idea to make!!!!! Since I have four of them, maybe I could do the same for my nieces!!!! Thank you again!!!

7. laura9797

There is a individual who owns Rlalique.com who will send threatening emails if you have accredited a piece that is not Lalique. Two different auction houses I work for received such emails and he lists the item, auction listing, auction house on his website. The emails are pretty cranky and not the least bit diplomatic - people make mistakes and there are also forgeries. I don't believe the majority of auction houses purposely try to rip people off. The auction probably received such an email and has had to clean things up.

Aquitaine and Any Jewelry like this.
  8. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Oh dear!:eek:
    Exactly. While it is good that the owner of Rlalique.com protects the Lalique legacy, they could do so in a civil manner. I know constant errors worldwide can get on anyone's nerves, but such emails are standard ones, and they can be worded politely.

Aquitaine, laura9797 and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted