Yixing ....what is it? Also, any resale value?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lucille.b, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

This does not feel terribly old to me, but wanted to check if it might be something worth listing. Since there are a few people on this board that seem to know about this kind of thing, thought I'd post a photo.

I did see two similar shaped pieces in different patterns on Ebay, one (unsold for $480) and another (unsold for $29). Both were calling their pieces, "food warmers". Didn't know if this was correct.

Measures just over 8 inches across in diameter, 5 1/2 to top of lid. The symbols are etched in, the etched parts painted. Last photo shows bottom. I do not see any signature, only the number "8".

Thanks for taking a look and for the help. yix1.jpg yix2.jpg yix2b.jpg yix4.jpg

cxgirl likes this.
  2. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Check out yunnan steamers.
    Janet

Lucille.b likes this.
  3. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

That's it -- already found a dead ringer on Ebay, basically the exact piece, BIN unsold at $24.99 --this is not worth listing. Appreciate the help.

Draft saved Draft deleted