Wrought iron floor lamps

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Luth, Aug 25, 2022.

1. Luth

Luth Member

I just got this the other day I know nothing about it I would like to know what ever you can help me with but also like to know the value of it thank you

Attached Files:

2. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

It is a bridge lamp. The flowers and false oil font makes me think this a bit later than many similar we see. Maybe 40s or so. It is the kind of thing I would generally pick up for $15-20, rewire, and find a shade for it before selling in the $80 range at retail. You often see them priced higher but they sell best under $100. You might be OK with a higher price point, as it is a bit nicer than many. I am in the Midwest. Prices may be higher (or lower) in other locations. I see a reproduction on Wayfair for $245.

judy and Drew like this.
  5. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

I agree. To bring more then $75-100 it would need finer metal work on the upper portion, such as this 1920's example with a period metal mesh shade - I've seen the better examples in the $200-400 range - and a good original socket will add a bit more (lamp collectors really like this). [​IMG]

verybrad, judy, komokwa and 1 other person like this.
  6. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

Bakersgma likes this.
  7. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

The legs are different?

916Bulldogs123 likes this.
  8. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

9. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

They look similar in the sense that they're wrought mild steel appox. five ft. tall. There were many shapes & designs made in the 1920-40s era. As I mentioned above, when you see finely done curling on the ends and pieces joined by rivet not electro welding - then you have a better piece. Note; lamps off this period are more likely wrought mild steel - wrought iron is primarily seen pre teens . . . folks tend to use the term 'iron' for everything, but steel prevailed after WWI.

Draft saved Draft deleted