Would appreciate auction price from Worthpoint

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Brian Warshaw, Dec 30, 2023.

1. Brian Warshaw

Brian Warshaw Well-Known Member

VINTAGE HOTEL INTERCONTINENTAL TEHRAN IRAN SOUVENIR CERAMIC ASHTRAY RARE SHAH

The one being auctioned was blue on white

DSCF4733 LOW RES.jpg

Thanks very much

bercrystal likes this.
  2. sassafras

sassafras Well-Known Member

3. Brian Warshaw

@sassafras Thank you. Thank heavens my wife broke the right one. Does one have to be a member to use the auction facility?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2023
    judy likes this.
  4. Rclinftl

Rclinftl Well-Known Member

JUST A NOTE - eBay doesn't allow auctions of wares from Iran - they pulled one of my auctions a few months back...

judy and Brian Warshaw like this.
  5. Brian Warshaw

Great! Perhaps if I should refer to it as Persia. It might slip through if I emphasise "excellent condition, no chips or mouse bytes"

judy likes this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Persia is the same problem.:( You could call it Middle Eastern and hope no one knows where Tehran is.
    Or call it a Hotel Intercontinental ashtray, and again, hope no one knows where Tehran is.

judy and Brian Warshaw like this.
  7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Do check eBay Completed and Active listings. They don't appear to be enforcing that policy at the moment.

Debora

Brian Warshaw likes this.
  8. Rclinftl

Rclinftl Well-Known Member

if I recall I used the word Qajar which may have triggered the eBay algorithm or/and watchdogs...

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  9. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

In that case the word Tehran would too.

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted