Would anyone like to have these small aluminum boxes w/ clear plastic lids & tiny glass tubes?

Discussion in 'Give Aways' started by bercrystal, Oct 8, 2020.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

These pieces came out of the watchmaker's workroom I bought some years. I unearthed them during the on-going urban renewal of the garage. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

There are 38 of the small boxes & they measure 7/8" by 7/8" & are 5/8" to the top. They also need some cleaning as just about all of them have a tiny paper label or two on the lid. They had also been sitting in a small open container on top of a box of "stuff" for about 7 years now. :bag::bag:

The tubes measure 1 7/16" top to bottom by 1/2" across, 1 3/8" by 1/2", 1 1/4" by 5/16" & 1" by 1/4". I think there are corks to fit all of the tubes, but I can't be sure. They also need to be washed as they were in the same container mentioned above. :sorry:

I am assuming they originally were used to ship watch parts to him & he repurposed them to do the same. I dumped out literally hundreds of metal boxes & plastic containers into various sizes of Ziploc style bags. When I was done I had 2 paper ream boxes filled with the bags. When I was listing the stuff I would reach into the box & grab a handful of bags which would constitute a lot. I very honestly told the buyers I really had no idea what was in all of the bags but told them they would get everything shown. :p:p :hilarious:

If more than one person puts their name in the hat I will draw names next Tuesday night.

The box is going to weigh about 13 ounces so it can go first class. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

I've a lifelong weakness for tiny boxes and tubes - please count me in, Peggy...

~Cheryl

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I'm in... for all the right reasons............please.

4. bercrystal

5. komokwa

at least I'm in good company !!! :hilarious::hilarious:-------:kiss:

bercrystal likes this.
  6. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

I'm in too please!

Figtree3 and bercrystal like this.
  7. komokwa

Ha...even more good company.....but my odds are taking a hit !!:wideyed:

Ah, well...........such is life !! :happy::happy:

bercrystal likes this.
  8. bercrystal

The count is up to 3 now & @Bookahtoo is in the mix. :happy::happy: :kiss::kiss:

I should have said that you will have to let me know what you use them for when you get them. I am not sure why I hung onto these pieces. :confused::confused: I sold, gave away & recycled hundreds of boxes & containers. :p:p

9. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

They're too bitty for me to reuse, so I'll let the others fight it out.(LOL)

bercrystal likes this.
  10. bercrystal

I forgot to choose the names last night. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I am also too computer illiterate to post an image of the little spinning wheel. :bag::bag::oops::oops:

However, congratulations @Bookahtoo they are all yours now. :D:D

I will contact you through PM to work out the details. :happy:

DragonflyWink, komokwa and Figtree3 like this.
  11. Bookahtoo

Yay! Thank you Peggy. I can't wait to get them.

DragonflyWink, bercrystal and komokwa like this.
  12. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

13. Bookahtoo

Thank you fig.

Figtree3 likes this.
  14. komokwa

Yay ! for Book !!!!!!!!

( I was going to regift them to my watchmaker.....:happy::happy:)

DragonflyWink and bercrystal like this.
  15. bercrystal

@Bookahtoo - So Book, what are you going to do with them? :D:D

wlwhittier and DragonflyWink like this.
  16. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Well-Known Member

I wanna know, too!

17. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

The thread was started in 2020. ;)

18. Bookahtoo

I held on to them for a while and just enjoyed having them - there was something very pleasing about them.
    Then I put them for sale in my store and people snapped them up. Some wanted the tubes, some wanted the boxes, some wanted both.
    I think like me, they didn't know what they wanted them for, but they just had to have them.

I can think of few practical uses for them other than watch parts or small jewelry pieces, potions, poison, or drugs. Can you??

Last edited: May 21, 2022
    bercrystal and Figtree3 like this.
  19. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I'd have loose beads in them. But it could be that they were cool looking and people wanted something cool and old on a random shelf. They'd be interesting photo frames too for school pictures and the like.

bercrystal likes this.
  20. Bookahtoo

They were really too small for beads - unless you had less than 10 seed beads to store.

bercrystal likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted