Would anyone know the maker or year of this Claw Foot Pedestal Table?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Betty Niccum, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Betty Niccum

Betty Niccum New Member

New find The Table has Casters on the bottom of the feet. Wanting to find out what I can on this find. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Betty Niccum

Betty Niccum New Member

3. Betty Niccum

Betty Niccum New Member

oops I think I dbl posted those

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  4. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

This happens. See if you can delete the extras by clicking delete next to the photos. Edit your post and you should see the photo thumbnails below your post. Next to the thumbnails there should be a delete. Caution. If there are not two photos, then deleting them will delete both photos. If that is the case then you could just leave the duplicates if you want. Are there any marks? Marks will help you provide information.

5. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

Nice table! Would say its around 1890-1910. Without a label or tag it will be impossible to tell who made it; there were hundreds of furniture makers across the country at that time.

verybrad and antidiem like this.
  6. Betty Niccum

Betty Niccum New Member

do you know where to look for maker mark or label?

7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Give a GOOD look all over underneath!!

8. Betty Niccum

Betty Niccum New Member

it looks like some numbers on the crossboard underneath the table when i zoomed in on the pic-as soon as I figure out how to crop i'll post a pic
    -Right now it is storedbut I am going to inspect it again-I have never seen one with that wide on the top part of the legs.Wonder what range of value it could be-This piece has me liking it even more with the carving-It would be cool if it is one of those rare finds-it does need some tlc also noticed it has the wheel inder the base too

9. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

It is a very nice table but not rare. Sold my Grandmother's table, almost identical to yours, at an estate auction in 2002 for $250.

As Ghopper said:

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  10. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

With the others. Impossible to know who made it without a label. Numbers are not distinctive and probably relate to the extension mechanism. Looks like a Walter of Wabash mechanism but they would not be the maker of the table. Value is not dependent on who made this.

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  11. Betty Niccum

Betty Niccum New Member

wow learn something new about the mechanism Thanks-I too agree about without a label-I'm going to look it over again-I did zoom on the pic and looks to possibly have a stamp of writing
    going to give a closer look:)
    I am impressed with the upper part of the legs:)

12. Betty Niccum

Betty Niccum New Member

ok found part of a label- starts with IN**** ACK any clues-also a stamp number looks like 925 1/2 C possibly

13. Betty Niccum

Betty Niccum New Member

also has a early perfection table lock

Draft saved Draft deleted