Wooden Flute Collection

Discussion in 'Tribal Art' started by Kasperscuriosities, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Kasperscuriosities

Kasperscuriosities Two hundred years too late.

These are the pictures I took of the flutes that came in the other day. I don't know anything about them. There are 9 of them and they half are marked with P and some look to be signed. A couple are marked RDS. Not even sure where to start on these. Not even sure they belong under this section of the forum but they do look like they belong here. I can't make out the signatures either except I am pretty sure one says "For Robert".

untitled-126.jpg untitled-127.jpg untitled-128.jpg untitled-129.jpg untitled-130.jpg untitled-131.jpg untitled-132.jpg untitled-134.jpg untitled-135.jpg

More Photos Coming.

2. Kasperscuriosities

3. Kasperscuriosities

4. Makanudo

Makanudo There is no such thing as simple.Simple is hard.

Looks like it might be some shepards collection

Kasperscuriosities likes this.
  5. Makanudo

I do mean someones life LW. I love it. In auction would go up to 60 bucks for this.

Kasperscuriosities likes this.
  6. Kasperscuriosities

I have them set high in the catalog right now only because I haven't been able to confirm with the owner what he is expecting from these. I am sure the starting bid will come way way down before the day of the auction. :)

7. Makanudo

The way I look at your situation is: invite the right people according to stock.
    You seem to have some interesting stuff

8. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

9. Mill Cove Treasures

10. Makanudo

11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

The mouth bits , the leather, the fetish, the assorted woods, the animal face, the rough construction......all point to native made Southwest American.

Whether they are or not ....I can't say with 100% certainty........but they are that style !

jackolin likes this.
  12. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

From what I saw online the $60. might be ONLY for the STAND!!!! GREAT flutes!!!!

13. Mill Cove Treasures

Makanudeo, many years ago, I had a neighbor that collected NA flutes and these reminded me of his wonderful collection. I'm no expert on these but thought it was a good place to start.

Makanudo likes this.
  14. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

For sure Native American in style, but I don't recognize any of the markings, so very hard to say if the makers were or were not native, or even SW....here in the NW wilds of Seattle there is a non-native musician and wood-worker, just as one example, who makes excellent native-style flutes.

Draft saved Draft deleted