wicker flower pot

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by rknarr2, Jan 31, 2019.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I have a wicker flower pot. The dimensions are Top: 6 3/8” Diameter Bottom: 4 ½” Diameter and Height 6 3/8” I was wondering origin of country, how old, type of wood used in making it and worth. Thank you for your assistance in this request. Rob
    IMG_7581small.JPG IMG_7582small.JPG IMG_7583small.JPG

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

This one has had a hard life. Worth virtually nothing in this condition and not worth trying to make it look any better. I think this was probably used as a bedroom or bath wastebasket.

komokwa likes this.
  3. 2manybooks

2manybooks Well-Known Member

This one actually has a bit more interesting construction than the others - less of a professional basketmaker's style. The photos are not clear enough to be certain - it could be split wood - typically oak, ash or chestnut - or rattan. I would have to see a cross section of the elements to be sure.
    rknarr2, please read over the replies you have received so far. If you have more baskets, you should be able to identify some of them yourself based on the information we have already provided.

reader likes this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

ya, like what flower shop did they come from............:yawn:

Draft saved Draft deleted