Featured Whodunnit - small vellum glaze ornamental vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by evelyb30, Jun 12, 2023.

1. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I saw this in the bottom of a Goodwill bin. I haven't measured, but it's only about 5- inches tall. For a dollar on Senior day it was a no-brainer. The glaze has some cracking and is either old or sat in an attic its entire life. The mark on the base is a birdie with some initials. Written LVD but ??? The little blue dots caught my eye first; those are glossy. The rest is a vellum style.

DSCF9472.JPG DSCF9473.JPG DSCF9474.JPG DSCF9475.JPG

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

3. evelyb30

Sure looks like one of hers. I can't find a picture of her mark but the odds are good.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

5. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Very nice Ruth
    SIS you are remarkable.

6. evelyb30

7. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

I would've bought that in a heartbeat!

stracci likes this.
  8. evelyb30

Most times I find feathers, but sometimes I get the whole bird! Vellum glazes are always worth nabbing.

kentworld and stracci like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted