Who Made this Glass Double Gourd Vase? Is it Murano?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by moontymes, Aug 11, 2014.

1. moontymes

moontymes Well-Known Member

It's small, only about 4" tall. The base has a slightly recessed pontil mark that is hard to see in the photos. Any ideas? Was going to give this to a consignment shop but wanted to run it by all of you first to make sure it's not anything special.Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

just one opinion -from a total non expert-just does not look like Murano to me...though I am sure the experts here...will chime in soon....and really help you ;)

3. moontymes

thanks Janettekay! :) I agree it doesn't really look like Murano.

4. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

Reminds me of Mdina from Malta.

Consider that a WAG.

5. moontymes

thanks so much, Skeezix. :) I think there's a good chance you could be right.

6. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

It doesn't look like Venetian glass to me, either. I really like it... think it's lovely!

Draft saved Draft deleted