White furniture company

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Reed love, Oct 28, 2024 at 2:23 PM.

1. Reed love

Reed love New Member

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know anything about this piece of furniture. Year made, type of wood, quality, and value? received_1486828748681361.jpeg
    .on the back says "WHITE FURN CO 60-5 BUFFET LOT NUMBER 982"

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2024 at 3:35 PM
  2. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Welcome, Reed love :)

I'm not an expert, so please wait for them, but my parents had a credenza with the same geometric panels that they bought in the late 60s into early 70s. I had the thing until my basement flooded a while back. I did save the panels and the slate top.

pearlsnblume and Reed love like this.
  3. Reed love

Reed love New Member

Thank you for the warm invite and feedback. Found on curb and I think she's just a beauty. Even though she smells a little moth bally. Can't wait to find out more information on this piece.

sabre123 likes this.
  4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Would call it a credenza and 1970s seems about right. A lot of furniture was billed as Pecan finish during this time period and I think that is what you have. Whether or not there is really any pecan wood in it remains to be seen. Seems to be reasonable quality. Value is not great. Would be under $150.00 at retail here in my semi-rural Midwest area. You might do better in or near a large metro area. It would go for a lot less at auction or other wholesale selling venue.

sabre123, pearlsnblume and Reed love like this.
  5. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

You already know the maker, which is pretty good for furniture like this from that era that is frequently unmarked. Presumably there is a label in a drawer or writing on the back (or both) that tells you this is from White? If so, you need to post pics of whatever you have because we are left clueless from that one picture. Regardless, value is not going to be high.

sabre123 likes this.
  6. Reed love

Reed love New Member

It's from white fine furniture company says it on the drawer inside

7. Reed love

Reed love New Member

I edited post with pic of make mark. On the back it just has the lot number (982) and what the iteam is. It says "white furn co
    60-5 buffet lot number 982"

sabre123 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted