White Fine Furniture /// 7-piece Dining Set 900-12

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by nate a., Dec 16, 2018.

1. nate a.

nate a. New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Hello, I’m trying to find out as much information as possible about my dining room table manufactured by White Furniture Company.

General Description: Model 900-12, Lot 628. The set includes six extremely comfortable chairs with woven wicker seats (hemp perhaps?). The set also includes two leafs thereby it extends from sixty-one to one hundred inches in length [Dimensions 44”w X 61-100”].

The chairs are in prime form, sturdy, with no significant damage to the finish. The condition of the woven seats appears like-new. The table surface has several- what I’d classify as “minor”- scratches to its [lacquer?] finish but does not appear to reach wood depth so no visible wood exposure. IMHO all could be remedied by a proper polish and wax.

I’ve scoured the internet for days attempting to glean more knowledge about this table. Stumbled across troves of intriguing detail about the company’s great American heritage but unfortunately no such luck finding any specifics about this model!

Furthermore, I’ve found myself now enamored by the story. The rich history along with appreciation for its remarkable engineering and quality craftsmanship- I’m evermore curious and now I’m on the hunt must know more.

With this in mind, does anyone happen to have any first-hand knowledge about the model 900-12; it’s history, year built, wood type, retail/resale price, etc.?

Alternatively, would anyone be so kind to offer guidance or make a recommendation to knowledgeable resource?

You’ll find a few photos of the set. One of those photos of mfg. stamp with model and lot detail.

Thanks for reading and for any advice, information or guidance you care to lend!

Nate

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    i need help likes this.
  2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

nate a. and i need help like this.
  3. nate a.

nate a. New Member

Thanks for the tip! Just embedded link in post.

4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Hard saying. Sort of a country French design. Very popular in the 80s so could be rather late. Could also see it being a decade or two earlier, though rush seats were less popular then. Wood appears to be maple with a reddish stain.

6. nate a.

nate a. New Member

Thanks @verybrad

i need help likes this.
  7. nate a.

nate a. New Member

I’m a novice. Do you see any unique or intrinsic value based on the brand or craftsmanship?

What resources or research tools do the pros use for assessing valuations?

Thank you!

8. verybrad

At this stage just pretty much used furniture. Can be compared to other similar sets made by other companies. The maker here is not all that important. Quality of construction and materials is how one evaluates. Solid wood is a plus. Rush seats on the chairs are a minus.... not particularly fashionable right now and people with kids don't want them since hard to clean.

9. nate a.

nate a. New Member

@verybrad- thanks for this information. Good insight.

I suppose you would need to inspect the subject set’s quality of construction and materials firsthand in order to be able to determine which companies you would use as equivalents comparables? Or, do you have any specific manufacturers that come to mind, based on your experience and knowledge of the trade?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  10. verybrad

Don't think you have to get that specific but Athol furniture comes to mind. Value really has more to do with where you live and how you sell when it comes to used furniture.

komokwa likes this.
  11. nate a.

nate a. New Member

Understood and agree- much like housing. Brownsville Texas: ~$150k average median list price. whereas the median in San Francisco is ~$850k.

I live in the Greater Seattle metropolitan market- approximately just less than 7 mill pop around the greater Puget Sound area.

12. Amanda Bremer

Amanda Bremer New Member

Hello nate a.,
    I also own a White Furniture Co. 900-12 Table, Lot No. 628. Trying to research a bit myself and found your old post in my search. I am sorry to have missed seeing the pictures of yours - looks like they were deleted. Our table was purchased at a consignment place in/around Los Angeles in 1995 and came without the matching chairs. The table legs were lost during a military move in 2000, and the replacements we eventually had made are not as lovely as I remembered the originals being. I'd love to see your pictures of the table with chairs, should you see this & be willing. Thank you.

13. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

nice try.......but Nate hasn't come back since Dec 2018

Draft saved Draft deleted