Featured WHAT THE HECK? CAST IRON DOORSTOP(?) OF MUSCULAR WOMAN SPREADING LEGS?!

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by journeymagazine, Apr 27, 2019.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this yesterday at a local thrift store - and at first I thought it was a buxom woman made to sit on a table edge, but she won't sit up without help. And if you leave it laying down, but hold it's leg down - it looks like a circus muscle man's muscular wife doing sit ups! (and I think it's suppose to be on her back I think because the back is hollowed out)
    BUT! leaving it to it's own and laying down and it looks like a woman on a examination table or ready to copulate! (I know, I know - and I apologize, but that's the first impression I got!).
    Can someone please tell me what the heck this was/for? :)

COLLECTIBLE CAST IRON MUSCLE WOMAN DOOR STOP 1AA.JPG COLLECTIBLE CAST IRON MUSCLE WOMAN DOOR STOP 1AAA.JPG COLLECTIBLE CAST IRON MUSCLE WOMAN DOOR STOP 1BAA.JPG COLLECTIBLE CAST IRON MUSCLE WOMAN DOOR STOP 2AA.JPG COLLECTIBLE CAST IRON MUSCLE WOMAN DOOR STOP 3AA.JPG COLLECTIBLE CAST IRON MUSCLE WOMAN DOOR STOP 4AA.JPG COLLECTIBLE CAST IRON MUSCLE WOMAN DOOR STOP 4AAA.JPG COLLECTIBLE CAST IRON MUSCLE WOMAN DOOR STOP 5AA.JPG COLLECTIBLE CAST IRON MUSCLE WOMAN DOOR STOP 5BAA.JPG COLLECTIBLE CAST IRON MUSCLE WOMAN DOOR STOP 5DAA.JPG

judy, Houseful, Bronwen and 1 other person like this.
  2. chipperdoug

chipperdoug Active Member

I believe it is a bootjack.

3. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    With that much red orange rust on it I think it maybe a reproduction. I think I saw a real old one which was used as a boot jack (removing shoes or boots).
    greg

judy, Christmasjoy, komokwa and 5 others like this.
  4. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

5. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

That's her!
    Thank you!

judy and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted