What kind of vase is this?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Bonnie l Roggensees, Apr 4, 2021.

1. HI. I got this thrifting and loved the colors of it. Can someone please tell me more about it? I have been trying to look up info but don't know what to ask. No markings but clearly has some age to it. lusterware vase.JPG

TraceyB likes this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Looks interesting. We still need to see the bottom, even without marks. Measurements will also help Lastly, a straight on from the side picture.

TraceyB and judy like this.

3. Ok. I will try to get more photos. Have to use my camera to take photos that will fit size requirements.

TraceyB and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  4. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Bonnie
    Many new members have trouble uploading photos because they exceed the photo limit of 1MB. Here are some instructions on what to do. They relate to how to upload from a phone:

Email your photo to yourself selecting size Medium. This will do the trick. Here are two threads about how to resize pictures based on your phone type, if you need more help. When you post your pictures, please make sure you click on Insert as "Full Image" at the top of your pictures.Resizing Photos On I-Phone | Antiques Board (antiquers.com)Using an Android Phone For Pics on Antiquers | Antiques Board

If you are using a computer: Then depending on what type of computer you have you can resize them. If you have windows 10, download them and then go to the bottom where the folder is; find the photo in downloads. Click on it and then right click it. You should see a resize option.

On an iMac, drag pics to desktop, double click on them, click on Tools and then Adjust Size by as much as half.

Good luck. we're help to help you

TraceyB likes this.
  5. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

Could you take pictures against a clear background? It is hard to see it against the carpet. Thanks.

TraceyB and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  6. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Maybe against a white background.

TraceyB likes this.
  7. Its about 7 inches. lusterwarevasebottom.JPG

TraceyB likes this.
  8. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

TraceyB likes this.
  9. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Lightened it up a bit.

1.jpg

TraceyB likes this.
  11. Any ideas on search terms to use? Is it technically lusterware or not? It reminds me of a mermaid. Lol

TraceyB likes this.
  12. So no one in has any ideas on how to search for info on this vase?

13. TraceyB

TraceyB Well-Known Member

Try vintage scallop waffle vase. I found one similar :happy:

Bonnie l Roggensees likes this.
  14. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Are you going to try to sell using those pictures? Why not go ahead and take some good ones against plain backgrounds. It helps in image searches if the background is a solid color, not a carpet unless you want results including carpets.

Bakersgma and TraceyB like this.

15. I am just looking for advice on what search terms to use. Not on my photos please. Just wanting to know what it is not to sell it.

16. no luck, why can I not find anything like this online>

17. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

is it just possible that this pretty vase is OOAK !!!
    made by an artisan, not a company...

Bonnie l Roggensees and TraceyB like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted