Featured What is the name of this type of glass

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Bev aka thelmasstuff, May 17, 2023.

1. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Years ago I posted this and have forgotten the answer. Somehow I think it was a German name for this type of glass that can be turned upside down. It's the one in the middle. IMG_7686.JPG

judy, johnnycb09, Figtree3 and 2 others like this.
  2. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

3. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Thanks, Marie. That is the name I was looking for. I still haven't seen one exactly like this. All of the glasses you see in the photo I found at the swap shop at the transfer station!

judy, pearlsnblume and J Dagger like this.
  4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Roehmer doesn’t mean upside down glass, it’s that fat bowl shape with a fat ribbed base.

judy, pearlsnblume and Figtree3 like this.
  5. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

Love the dump swap shed!

judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  6. Ex Libris

Ex Libris Well-Known Member

Roemer is an old (~1550) Dutch word that means: large wine glass. It is pronounced as “Roomer” in English.

Figtree3 and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted