What is 1977 Bronze Bell Award From Veterans of Foreign Wars

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by journeymagazine, Nov 1, 2020.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I sold a trunk at my yard sale last week & found this inside it. I think I originally found it in a thrift store. It appears to be a bronze liberty bell(?) award for a Commander Edward D Fisher of Essex County Council.
    But when I google his name with veterans of foreign wars nothing comes up.
    Anyone know who he was or what this award is for?
    Is there a 'commander' in the veterans of foreign wars association?
    I don't think this is worth as much as I thought if there is no such person or position!

COLLECTIBLE TROPHY BELL BRONZE ESSEX COUNTY 1AAzz.JPG COLLECTIBLE TROPHY BELL BRONZE ESSEX COUNTY 2AAZ.JPG COLLECTIBLE TROPHY BELL BRONZE ESSEX COUNTY 3AAZ.JPG COLLECTIBLE TROPHY BELL BRONZE ESSEX COUNTY 4AAAZ.JPG COLLECTIBLE TROPHY BELL BRONZE ESSEX COUNTY 4AAZ.JPG

komokwa likes this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Yes, each post has a Commander and the other higher levels of the organization (in this case a county-based "council" of posts) also use "commander" as the designation of the higher officers.

Not finding this name by searching the net is not a surprise, given how long ago it was and the very local level.

sabre123 likes this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

The "award" was probably just for serving as commander of the council for a year. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Draft saved Draft deleted