What do I have here.. Berkey & Gay buffet

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Gretta G, Jan 8, 2024.

1. Gretta G

Gretta G New Member

Old family piece. Unsure if market is saturated and determine a use for it or what to ask for it if I do sell. Thanks in advance for any information provided.

Berkey & Gay sideboard.jpg B&G seal inside drawer.jpg

2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Welcome to Antiquers, Gretta G.

Wait for others to reply.

komokwa and Gretta G like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

nice buffet......good name.....but in most areas , it's still used brown furniture....in a very soft market.

johnnycb09 likes this.
  4. Gretta G

Gretta G New Member

Thanks komokwa. You confirmed my suspicions. My family winced when I vocalized this over the weekend. Although I appreciate the beauty/quality and sentiment this piece holds to the family, it is...used brown furniture.

johnnycb09 and komokwa like this.
  5. komokwa

it's one of those sideboard pieces that r very useful.....if u can find the room for it !!
    if u move it , good luck...if u keep it...good memories !!:playful::playful:

Ghopper1924, johnnycb09 and Gretta G like this.
  6. Gretta G

Gretta G New Member

Luckily I have room and the man power to move this piece. However the table, chairs and china cabinet that match will most likely be donated and somone with a good eye and right setting will need to appreciate it.

komokwa and johnnycb09 like this.
  7. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Welcome, Gretta G!
    I live in Michigan and B&G stuff is not uncommon on the secondary market. As komo said, the market is soft for used brown furniture. B&G is a respected name and their pieces are well made but the style and color of yours is not popular. If it were mine and I wanted it out of my house, I'd put it up on my local FB Marketplace for $150, cross my fingers, and expect to go down in price... significantly.

Ghopper1924, komokwa and johnnycb09 like this.
  8. komokwa

don't know where u live , but like Bluumz said...... parsed out the right way.....may net u some sales !!!

Ghopper1924 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted