What color yellow is this? I cannot find this particular one

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by gauntlettgems, Mar 14, 2023.

1. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

26D87C68-5AF1-4744-80DC-FEBE01680F0F.jpeg 02E0F896-D9A3-465D-AA08-FA9DFBD9AACE.jpeg
    Hi,
    Trying to find the name of this particular color This piece glows orange under UV light. I have not found anything in this color

Thank you very much

Rclinftl likes this.
  2. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

3. gauntlettgems

Aha!!! Ty. I couldn’t find and example of it it didn’t matter what combo I tried to search. Whew. @TallCakes tyvm

komokwa, LauraGarnet02 and TallCakes like this.
  4. Rclinftl

Rclinftl Well-Known Member

just like vaseline glass has uranium in it that makes it glow green - these wares that glow orange are made with cadmium - I know several makers used it in some of their lines including Morgantown

most colors in glass are achieved with chemicals - ruby glass uses selenium and gold - blue glass uses cobalt - etc...

bercrystal and komokwa like this.
  5. gauntlettgems

Ok, I thought manganese for some reason. Ty! @Rclinftl

Rclinftl likes this.
  6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Manganese was used in clear glass. It causes sun purpling.

Rclinftl likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted