Featured What are these 14K Pieces w/Hooks?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by drg642, Oct 3, 2024 at 10:49 AM.

1. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

These test 14K and I believe the stones are garnets. Each is about 1.5 inches tall. They look quite old and hand made to me. Not sure what they are for and how old they are. Any help appreciated. aagp1.JPG aagp2.JPG aagp3.JPG aagp4.JPG

Attached Files:

2. shamster

shamster Well-Known Member

Looks like they're taken from these iberian garnet pieces, from georgian era images.jpeg

3. shamster

4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

What shammie said.:)
    Great pieces, from a set that could be converted into longer evening earrings.

5. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

Thank you both very much. Do you think there would be buyers for these? Not asking for values, just whether these pieces would be desirable on their own.

Bronwen and Any Jewelry like this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Yes, they would be imo. I would hook them on gold creole earrings.

DragonflyWink and Bronwen like this.
  7. shamster

I would love to buy them lol but guess the shipping is too troublesome. People would also be interested in making them a conversion project. It's a bit hard to price them since they're just a component, so you might want to go to ebay auction, just remember to include all keywords, or ask dealers

8. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

Ok, thanks very much. There is enough gold so that they will be pricey, so probably a tough sell, but I will give it a try.

9. shamster

Be confident, as the complete set would go for thousands pounds, and your drops are fairly large:D

10. Any Jewelry

If you include 'ethnic jewelry' and 'European regional jewelry' in the listing, you'll get more views.

11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

DragonflyWink likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted