Featured WH&L sterling silver bud vase mark help

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by gauntlettgems, Jul 7, 2024.

1. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

IMG_5669.jpeg IMG_5670.jpeg IMG_5671.jpeg
    hi!
    I’ve identified everything but the maker. Anyone recognize who it is? I’m thinking I’m supposed to read it as WH&L

Thank you

Figtree3, bercrystal, cxgirl and 2 others like this.
  2. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

3. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

cxgirl, komokwa and daveydempsey like this.
  4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

How funny, I bought butter spreaders with that mark yesterday. I’d totally forgotten who the mark was, so that’s saved me some effort.

Figtree3 and bercrystal like this.
  5. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

The dates noted on the wonderful silvermakersmarks site are from pieces Phil has actually seen, the William Hutton & Sons Ltd. mark shown (assayed at London, Birmingham, Sheffield, and Chester offices) was first registered in 1894 - this piece is Birmingham 1901.

~Cheryl

6. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

I have my uses.:cool::D

7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Serendipity!

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted