Westinghouse electric percolator Decade? Cleaning? Prong Measurement?

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by rknarr2, Oct 14, 2020.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I have a Westinghouse electric percolator measures about 7" at widest part between the handles in length x around 11" high without the percolator x nearly 5 1/2" at widest part width without the spout in width. With spout add approximately 3 1/8" to the width
    1. What decade do you think this is from
    2. Will cleaning devalue it
    3. What is the spacing or distance of the prongs as shown in the last picture so I can figure out power cord I will need to buy?
    Thank you thank you thank you for your advice.
    IMG_0218small.JPG IMG_0242small.JPG IMG_0240smaller.JPG IMG_4172small.JPG

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

3. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Any Jewelry and Bakersgma like this.
  4. rknarr2

I have been advised that sometimes people assume questions get answered based on the number of responses left for a thread. I made a mistake on the last thread in only referring to whether it was a coffee or a tea percolator but listing other questions in the thread. So, I thought I would make another thread listing the others items with question marks in the title as well as the remaining questions in this thread to see if some might have fast read through the last thread and not seeing the other questions. Granted, maybe some did not know the answers or maybe I got impatient and did not leave enough time for some to answer those other questions. Alot of the comments on the last thread was b.s. back and forth between members, too. I hope someone can help me with the prong distant. I already thanked someone for dating this coffee percolator.
    Rob

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  5. rknarr2

Debora likes this.
  6. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Rob, you need a small appliance cord that is rated for the volts and amps, and one that fits the width. I think there are two popular sizes: 1/2" and 11/16" spacing. Yours is 11/16"

You may be able to find one at a home improvement or hardware store. Otherwise, you can look through eBay or other online store.

7. rknarr2

Thank you. I put a picture of the bottom that showed the volts and watts but I should have writtened the volts and watts in the thread. I think it is 115 V and 400 W. I will try to remember next time. Wait you said amps. I don't know the amps on this.