Weinhardt painting

Discussion in 'Art' started by Do De, Sep 9, 2024.

1. Do De

Do De New Member

Hello everyone!

I hope that you are doing fine.

I was wondering if you could help me to determine if the painting is really Weinhardt and the price for it. The painting was found in the market in Germany, and from what the name suggests, it is Watterstein mountains.

It also has a little defect in the back, so would this have any influence on the value? Is it possible to fix it? If so, the advice on how to do it would be much much appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Attached Files:

pearlsnblume likes this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It is a decorative painting, of which there are many. It doesn't seem to be a Chinese imitation, so I have no reason to believe Weinhardt is not the painter's name.
    Important to note, it is not by the Austrian painter Fritz Weinhardt!
    It is hand painted by an accomplished painter, but this Weinhardt is not a listed (famous) artist. Paintings like this are bought to decorate a room, not for investment purposes.

We don't do prices but I can say that the tear will affect the value.
    I found this, posted 10 yrs ago:

"Habe ich solche Bilder im Angebot, so bekomme im Internet mit ordentlicher Geduld nicht mehr als 200 Euro, was ungefähr dem damaligen Galerie-Einkaufpreis entspricht."
    https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/weinhardt-oel-gemaelde

The question was about an undamaged Weinhardt painting, so yours would have been less than 200 Euro. That was 10 years ago, and with a lot of patience to get that much, as he said.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2024
    komokwa and sabre123 like this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

As above. Your painting is decorative, not fine art. If you do a Google Images search, you'll see it's a very popular subject and there are many, many similar works to be found on the internet. Here's one example.

Debora

images.jpeg

pearlsnblume and komokwa like this.
  4. Do De

Do De New Member

Is it worth fixing it or is it better to leave it as it is I wonder?

5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

It will not increase in value if you restore it.

Debora

Draft saved Draft deleted